Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Suddenly could not log in

Suddenly could not log in

I have used Spotify on and off for the last few years. Suddenly I could not log in any more! Or - I could log in online, but not the "app" on my Mac. How come? Because it suddenly chose to use Facebook? Or what? Now that I tried "No, I'm not a user" I got a new account (free), but none of my old playlists! And all the time I tried to log in it knew who I was, but didn't allow me to log in... (Welcome .......(insert name here)....) What is going on? Spotify have just gone from bad to worse in my eyes - why no warning that login-methods would change so I could have saved my playlists in some way? Annoyed! And how can I get my playlists back?

8 Replies

Do you have a Spotify username account or did you create it using Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I created it years ago, always using my email and a password to log in. Suddenly I couldn't log in unless it was Facebook. How that happened is beyond me... 

Do you happen to know what your unique Spotify username is if you created your account using your email address?

You will have picked it during registration.

Peter

Can't remember excactly, but ArynD or Aryn Draxen. 

Spoiler

ArynD does seem to exist, can you login using that username and your password?

Peter

Didn't work... Can you see any of the playlists? I remember a few of them... If that helps...

That account has no public playlists that I can see, but that is not to say there aren't secret ones on it. 

I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to find your original account.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Ok, thank you.

Suggested posts