Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Takedown Notification

Takedown Notification

I got a takedown notification on a playlist with a few common songs on it. Nothing explicit, just regular songs from the Spotify library.

I checked the Spotify terms, and nothing on the playlist violated those terms as I understand them--particularly not under Section 4. Again, they're just songs from the Spotify library. I can't imagine how anyone could even manage to violate these terms on a hosted music service. Maybe with cover art, or the name of the playlist, but the cover art for the playlist was the default cover art for one of the songs on the list, and the name was a common, not at all vulgar phrase.

It seems like it must have been an automated or false report. I don't care if my playlist is removed, I just want to alert someone to the fact that it happened for no reason. I'd guess there's a problem with the reporting tool, or a glitch. There's no other way of getting customer support or help. I mostly want to let you know for Spotify's sake.

I read a few other threads with people having the same problem, and the 'solution' offered was to just repost the Spotify terms. So I want to clearly reiterate that there was no obvious Spotify terms violation. 

1 Reply

Hey there @orcabeat, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I am sorry to hear this. If you have read Spotify's terms and conditions and your playlist abides by those terms, then I would recommend checking out this Live Idea as this is something that Spotify is aware of and is working on a solution to be implemented. You can add your vote and comments as Spotify monitors that page regularly. 

Once again, I apologize that this has happened to you and hopefully Spotify comes with a solution in the near future. In the meantime, please make sure that any content you upload follows Spotify's guidelines. 

Hope this helps! Have a great day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts