Hey there @user-removed,
Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!
We'd first recommend making sure that your Windows device is up to speed with any pending software and firmware updates, including the audio and graphic card drivers. Keep in mind that you may be prompted to restart your device after updating.
Once you've double checked this, if the issue still persists:
- Check the app is up-to-date.
- If songs are greyed out and won't play, it's also possible that the content is no longer available. This can happen if licencing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed. Hopefully it will reappear soon.
- Try playing on a different device, or with the web player. If this works on another device, your inability to play on the first device could be an issue with the device itself. You can find more info about this here.
- Check your firewall (if you use one) has Spotify set as an exception.
- Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your router.
- If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
If none of these do the trick, we'd recommend heading over to this Ongoing Issue that our tech teams are currently investigating. You can add your +VOTE and comment with the requested info. We'll make sure to pass any updates we have in that thread.
Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.
Have a lovely day 🙂
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.