Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The app freezes after trying to log in.

The app freezes after trying to log in.

Dear Spotify Community,

I just downloaded the Spotify app for Windows PC (8.1), but from the very first attempt to log in, the app freezes. I first changed my default browser to Internet Explorer and that helped a bit, because at least a browser gave a response. After clicking "Log in with Facebook" in the app, the browser opened and showed "Logging in with Facebook...". Then the browser dissappeared and, but I the app didn't respond at all and even gave me no error notification. 

Then I tried to log in with my Facebook e-mail address and afterwards with my username and password. Again the app froze and the buttons "Log in with Facebook" and the normal "Log in" were unavailable. I also tried to reinstall Spotify and besides, logging in on the web-app failed. The page kept on "Connecting with Facebook", whitout any result. 

I hope anyone has a solution for me, as I couldn't find the exact same problem on this website and I really want to use Spotify. Thanks in advance!

Rianne

2 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community!

Let's troubleshoot this! Have you tried:

1. clearing cache in your browsers?  
  2. uninstalling and re-installing the client?

Then try again. Let me know if this helps!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I'm having this issue when trying to log in via desktop app on windows 7. Clearing cache is unsuccessful as well as uninstalling and re-installing. Please help, it's pretty frustrating.

Suggested posts