Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The wrong feature artist is linked on my page! How do I fix this?

The wrong feature artist is linked on my page! How do I fix this?

Hi everyone, 

I just released an album and one of the songs has a featured artist. Spotify have linked the wrong artist (they have the same name of course) but I have no idea how to get this changed. I've emailed everywhere that's possible and asked my distributor but there seems to be processes for if you're song ends up on a different profile but nothing for the feature artist. The song is on my profile which is correct but also needs to link to theirs. THANK YOU!

9 Replies

Hey @lbnellie
Welcome to the community!

When and where did you email? 🙂 Spotify for Artists might need a little time before getting back to you, so I'd suggest to wait a little.

Let me know if you need more help!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you 🙂 

I will wait and come back if I don't hear from them. 

I emailed via Spotify for Artists contact us page just hoping that was right!

@lbnellie

Yes that's the right place to contact them from. 🙂

I'll keep my eye on your reply!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

when this happened to me, it took forever to get hold of the right person to fix it.

In the end they asked me for a list via e-mail with all releases that I wanted to have included in my profile (means all spotify album/single/EP links had to be copied in one list, also those of the "appears on" section).
good luck!

hey thanks for this!! 🙂

Do you mean for a feature artist on one of your songs? x

Hi, Im curious, did you get this fixed and how? I have an issue with this right now and have sent support a message.

/c

Hey!!
Yes I did - the feature artist contacted Spotify via their Spotify for artists account - they fixed it quickly!! Better If they contact, not you so Spotify knows exactly who the feature artist is as it’s coming from their profile!!! Just make sure they send the link to the song. I think in general I have now found that the best way is to actually contact Spotify for artists via the feature artists profile with the URI from your distributor before release so they can check it’s aligned properly for release!!!
Xx

I just released a song that has two featured artists. Spotify has linked a wrong artist on one of them (they have the same name) but I have no idea how to get this changed.The song is on my profile which is correct but also needs to link to theirs.But my artists don't have a Spotify artist account. The artist's name is Joel John.

Concerning Spotify, to fix this you need to do it do it directly through the spotify for artists "contact us" page. there is a form there that you need to fill out ---> Spotify for Artists

Suggested posts