Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

URGENT: Account hacked; email and password not mine, COSTING ME $$

URGENT: Account hacked; email and password not mine, COSTING ME $$

Help! My account is being used by an email and password that are not mine. I am able to log in via facebook, but when i try and change the email/password, I am not able to get the password reset link, as it sends to '*snip*' which is NOT my email address. When I tried to send a message, it said that I would receive a reply at that same message, which is, again, NOT my email. I have a credit card associated with this account, and the hackers have updated to a family plan - basically this problem is now costing me money. I am very worried, but don't want to completely delete my account (years of playlists!!). How did others with this situation solve this issue?? Very frustrated with Spotify at the moment. My actual email address is *snip*.

4 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's why I'm here. THose tips aren't helping - I can't reset my password, because my email is not associated with it any longer, and the 'I STILL NEED HELP' link is not being responded to. So thanks but this doesn't help me at all.

Sorry, but I'm only able to direct you to the support article. Make sure you're not logged into any account when using the contact form.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Good call on the signing out! Got it fixed, due to that. Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts