Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to add members to spotify Family

Solved!

Unable to add members to spotify Family

Hi,

I recently added my girlfriend to my spotify family and it went fine. But now I would like to add my uncle. 

But when I go to the "manage my family" page, Tthere is no button or whatever to add a new member? What do I do?

Im using a Mac running Yosemite and the latest version of Safari. 

I've added a screenshot of the page.

Thanks

92 Replies

@alfbaez, please check the item I just marked as "solution". Spotify now has what I consider an acceptable Family solution. No need to unsubscribe/export/etc. Just add members and "go".

Much better!

spotify.png

Thanks gwynnebaer now it's telling the other family member that she's already a member.... checked the email use to sent the invite it's never used with spotify beore... It's defenely not a user friendly. I'm been testing Googlee Play Music. It's quite alrigth way much easier to use I migth just abondon this troubleshooting with Spotify and move on....

Cheers

Alf

I've really been enjoying Google Music.  It doesn't have playlist folders which kind of sucks and I'm not a huge fan of the orange interface but otherwise it's great.  The web interface is much better than having to have an app to use on your desktop.

Thanks 

Andrew_James

Agreed Google Play Music is really simple, but simplicity is what makes things work... I trade all the heavy imagines of spotify's GUI/interface in a heart bit for the G's play simple it's fast and load virtually any -where and even at 3G network slow speeds... The luck of play list fordlers is a certain troublesome... I guess Google will have to figure something out quick... I do like the grouping of "Working out" and "Running" etc ...

Cheers

Alf

Yeah I should have mentioned that while I do miss folders, there's something to be said about simplicity.  It's kind of forced me to scale down the number of playlists that I had - a lot of which were needless. So now it is a little more simple, clean and streamlined.

But I'd still take folders if they would provide them.  😉

PS - the web interface is great for anyone using a Chromebook

I upgraded my account to Spotify Family for more $$$ and added my daughter. It worked. Now I want to add my wife.

Spotify's "solution" says the only way to do this is to cancel my account, create a new account, then add both my daughter and wife?!?!?!?!

This is the most ridiciulous failure in software in decades.

And it gets worse. Apparently this problem has existed for many months since Spotify Family was announced!!!

Spotify sucks. I'm going to take another look at Apple Music. 

Desperate for not being possible to add my family members I cancelled the account, and opened a new one. Guess what? double monthly charge, and again stuck. it says info does not match! I don´t remembet the answers to all the quiestions 😞

I really dont remember which address I wrote: home, off....

Hi

I'm unable to access the remove/add family members feature in my Spotify account. Whenever I click on it, the pages loads for a long time and says "Opps! Something went wrong. Try again." Been trying on different web browers or devices to see if it would make a difference but it's still showing the same thing. Help?

Regards, Belinda Kaur

I upgraded to premium and invited two family members. They received their invites with a link and code and we believed this would be as simple as clicking the link and entering a code with submission. How wrong I was, going in circles for an hour and taking me back to my primary account page. In the end I cancelled the premium and gave up. Spotify help is garbage and I am looking to transfer to another provider and tell all my contacts of my poor experience as a customer - well done Spotify, enjoy your downhill slide and eventual collapse.

Hello. 

Please help, we can't add members to spotify family. 

every time we try,the  same  goes:

i got e-mail , contirmation;

Congratulations! You are about to join the family plan of >>>

then, i have  to fill out a questionnaire to indicate ( name, surname, street name,....)

And the i get: " You're unable to join this family plan...."

Question are: why? because we live same address?

and, redeem code doesn't work.

Migrate all to Google music

Suggested posts