Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change country

Solved!

Unable to change country

Hi,

inside my spotify account I tried to change my country, but when I go to edit profile it only shows USA no other countries. Can anyone please help me out changing my country?

2018-03-19_17-19-12.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If Spotify will ever launch in India, yes, then you'll be able to change your country setting to India. But right now, Spotify is not available in India.

It's not showing you any other countries because you're not in one of these countries. If you were in the UK for example, it would show the UK on the list.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

In which country are you currently located?

Let me know.

MaximSpotify Star

@  Hi,

I'm currently located in India

Thanks for letting me know.

Spotify hasn't launched in India yet, so you won't be able to continue using it for now.

Spotify are launching in new countries as often as possible.

Be sure to add your email at http://www.spotify.com/why-not-available/ to be the first to hear 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

That's fine. But I still want to change my country so if you can please let me know how I can change my country to India then it would be really helpful. 

The reason I'm asking for this is that Spotify is launching in India very soon, and I'm worrying that as my account's country is set as USD, I will be charged in USD and I would get the same benefit of a new account.

You can't change your country setting to India because it's a country where Spotify hasn't launched yet.

MaximSpotify Star

OK. So, when it gets launched in India, I can do that? Also if that is the case what you are saying why it is not showing other country names where Spotify has already launched in the dropdown list like for example Thailand. 

Marked as solution

If Spotify will ever launch in India, yes, then you'll be able to change your country setting to India. But right now, Spotify is not available in India.

It's not showing you any other countries because you're not in one of these countries. If you were in the UK for example, it would show the UK on the list.

MaximSpotify Star

Well I have been trying for more than 2 weeks to change from France to Canada where I now live and it's a nightmare... no one seems to be able/willing to help me, well changing country is not that complicated normally... but with Spotify it is! Got a Premium account and pay for it, and still no support, nothing... It's a big joke really... my country is in Grey and I'm unable to change it. Been trying on Mac Mini, MacBook, Moto G and everytime it's not working! I decided to leave and wait until Spotify finds me a solution, and yes I have been trying everything that is possible with the Help Pages!

**bleep**! then it seems what @

Suggested posts