Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log out of unwanted devices

Solved!

Unable to log out of unwanted devices

Plan - Premium

Country - US

Device - Amazon Echo Dot

Several months ago, I logged onto Spotify via a friend's Echo Dot. Since then I've wanted to remove this device's access to my account. At least two or three times I have clicked the "Sign out everywhere" button on the "Account Overview" page AND changed my password together. Despite this, every so often my music will stop playing and I will see a green banner on the bottom of the desktop application that says that the Echo Dot is currently playing music. It is always something that I am not listening to and have not listened to very recently at all.

It is tremendously unlikely that all of my new passwords were guessed (they have all been very strong), and I think its also fairly unlikely that I have been hacked. It is the same Echo Dot that is accessing my account each and every time. It might be worth noting that I haven't received any emails about log in attempts that I do not recognize.

I presume that it is most likely that this account has not actually been logged out properly.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @o_ʖo,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!

You should be able to revoke the Echo Dot access via the "Apps" section of your profile page here, so give it a try!

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @o_ʖo,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!

You should be able to revoke the Echo Dot access via the "Apps" section of your profile page here, so give it a try!

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts