Free

Country

Malaysia

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

A few weeks ago, I noticed that there is an unknown song suddenly appearing in my liked song list. I thought I had forgotten that I liked it, but after I checked, there is an unknown device connected to my account, a desktop.

Following the answer from a similar post, I changed my password. But the account is still connected a few days later. I noticed cause a random song was playing in the background while I wasn't using Spotify on my laptop.

I emailed support@spotify.com since a community post suggested to do this. But I only received an answer which basically said to either check the support site or the Spotify community for answers.

What should I do to get rid of the desktop's access to my account?

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you've come across music unexpectedly added to your Liked Songs, it'd be good to make sure no one is accessing your account in an unauthorized way.

For this purpose, it'd be great to bookmark and follow the relevant steps in this support page article as well as this one since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

Even if you already updated your Spotify password, the steps in the first article under Passwords and Remove access to third-party apps are particularly good since they'll help you make sure no one is accessing your Spotify through your credentials or other online services eventually linked with your account.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts