Unlinking spotify and playstation

Solved!

Unlinking spotify and playstation

DonBrogan
Regular
I logged into my 'friends' spotify on their playstation the other day and linked my account. Now, 2 days later i cannot log onto my spotify account on my playstation because its linked to them. I have heard that the only solution to this is to get them to log out, but he isnt going to. So essentially i have been robbed by a guy who doesnt even know my spotify password... Any solution to this?
6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Unlinking spotify and playstation

atom1989
Community Legend

Taken from

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/playstation-get-started

linked my Spotify account to someone else’s PlayStationNetwork.  How do I disconnect the link?
Please ask the other person to log out your Spotify account. Spotify Sign Out Everywhere will not sign you out of PlayStation.

Note: If you are a Spotify Premium user who purchased your subscription with your wallet on PlayStationNetwork, you may need to call Customer Service to disconnect the account link to Spotify.
If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.
Solution!

marchezini

I was trying at spotify support and found this link, finally I could unlink the accounts!

After that I was able to link other account!

https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details

Solution!

charly1979
Casual Listener

Esto fue lo que me contestaron y si me funciono, solo traduzcanlo al ingles:

Gracias por escribir a Spotify, con gusto te daremos una mano con tu cuenta en tu PS. 

Puedes intentar los siguientes pasos:

• Recuerda la cuenta de PSN que usaste para ingresar sesión.
  • Ingresa a la cuenta.
  • Que que la cuenta aparezca como la cuenta principal en tu PS hiendo a Ajustes > Gestión de tu cuenta de PSN > Activar como principal.
  • Abre e ingresa a Spotify.
  • Clic en la esquina donde se muestra tu nombre de perfil.
  • Cierra sesión

Haciendo ésto tu cuenta Spotify ya no estará asociada con tu cuenta PSN.

Espero que a ustedes tambien les funcione, hay veces que se nos olvida poner nuestra cuenta como principal.

Solution!

HaydenZero
Casual Listener

Well, I found a solution to the problem most people are going through, but you do need to be able to sign on with the Profile account that you first Downloaded &/or Linked Spotify, here's how:

Go to Switch Profile or log in to the one you first used for Spotify, make sure that this Profile is Activated as a Primary for your PS4, then just go to the Spotify App, open it and you'll see that you won't be required to Link it since you are actually still Logged in, select the Profile Picture (if you have any, if not in the Profile Icon, it will display your name then) and Log Out, switch back to your current/main account (which should be also Activated as Primary too, you can actually have them all Activated on you PS4 system) and Download/ or open the Spotify App and you will be required to Link it once again, but this time must work instead. It worked perfectly for myself and made me feel a bit of a dumb since it's kinda obvious once you realize it, but still it's something that it is not cristal clear Play Station website instructions.

@zeruda92 wrote:

2016 already, c'mon.. i just want to use my PS to play some music while I play :( has anyone figured this out yet ?

I no longer have access to my previous Psn account and therefore can't log out !

*I'm sorry but I have no idea what can you do if you can not access your profile anymore, why can't you BTW? I have Accounts from US and UK (where I used to live), all Activated and working fine on the same PS4 system.

For the rest who still have this problem but do have access to their old/other Profiles, this must work just fine ;)

SpotyfyPS4issue1.jpg
SpotyfyPS4issue2.jpg
Solution!

agustincorreas

THIS IS THE FINAL SOLUTION!!! PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK: https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details 

Solution!

Taylorb41907

After several attempts to fix issue, I finally found a solution! Hallelujah!

I tried contacting Sony, no luck.

I tried contacting Playstation Network, no luck there either.

Finally, I contacted Spotify. Success!

Currently, they do not have a Telephone Support, but I was able to Live Chat with them, which was just as helpful. And the only thing I had to do was change my Spotify Username, but was still able to use my same e-mail address, password and they were able to transfer all my followers, following, playlists, and saved songs, albums, and artists. So worth it over the stress of 'Unlinking your Spotify from that freakin PS4"!

https://www.spotify.com/us/

-Click on the Upper right hand corner on 'HELP'.

-Then scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on 'CONTACT SPOTIFY".

-Scroll down where you see 'CONTACT FORM'.

-Fill out Contact Form and it will start up a Live Chat. Let them know youd like to create a new account and have everything transferred over to your new account.

It was so easy, and painless!

Let me know if this helps! I just did it les than 10 minutes ago and then was able to log in on my PS4, Thank goodness!

-TaylorB

137 Replies

atom1989
Community Legend

Hello. 

There is option to sign out from all the devices in account control panel.

https://www.spotify.com/lv/account/overview/

Screenshot_1.png

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

DonBrogan
Regular
Doesnt work for playstation for some idiotic reason

atom1989
Community Legend

Also you can try to reset your password

https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

When this will be done again sign out from every device.

DonBrogan
Regular
Done that and when you change password it doesnt automatically unlink spotify from your playstation, sadly, and i dont think you understand the problem. Its impossible for me to get access to his playstation personally and sign out.
Solution!

atom1989
Community Legend

Taken from

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/playstation-get-started

linked my Spotify account to someone else’s PlayStationNetwork.  How do I disconnect the link?
Please ask the other person to log out your Spotify account. Spotify Sign Out Everywhere will not sign you out of PlayStation.

Note: If you are a Spotify Premium user who purchased your subscription with your wallet on PlayStationNetwork, you may need to call Customer Service to disconnect the account link to Spotify.

DonBrogan
Regular
Yes i already read that. What im asking is there a way i can sign it out without having access to his playstation? Because he wont sign it out. Is there a customer service or something? Fyi he doesnt know my password or anything

atom1989
Community Legend

Unfortunately at the moment customer service can't unlink your spotify account from friends playstation. This function is not released yet. You can try to ask your friend to log off for you.

DonBrogan
Regular
Iv been robbed lmao what a joke

mwaitt7
Casual Listener
Yeah I'm having a very similar issue. Contacted both Playstation and Spotify support... Both didn't help at all. Hopefully this gets fixed in the very near future. I switched from Google Play to Spotify just because the app came to PS4 and now I'm starting to regret it.
SUGGESTED POSTS