Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Updates to Terms and Conditions of Use useless

Updates to Terms and Conditions of Use useless

As a practical matter, the "Updates to Terms and Conditions of Use" email is useless to me, and I suspect just about everyone else who doesn't want to read the whole thing. What should be offered us is a separate listing of the changes, or at least the materially important ones. As far as I can tell, the changes are not even highlighted in the text. It's also normal to give notice before the changes go into effect, typically 30 days or so, instead of same day notice after they've already gone into effect.

2 Replies

I cancelled my subscription before Christmas, so I find it funny I'm still getting e-mails from them. I do agree that the ToS update e-mail are quite useless, since it's clear that you are strong-armed to agree with them whether you like it or not. I read the "updates" which don't specifically state the changes, just a general blurb. So if you want to know exactly what they added, you have to compare the ToS before and after the update...

Glad I cancelled...now I just need to add these e-mails as spam and continue on.

I discovered on a another site that one of the updates was that Spotify will kill the subscriptions of those using ad blockers. What a bad idea and dishonest hiding of it.

Suggested posts