Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgraded to Premium - iPhone 4 still claims I am not Premium user - why?

Solved!

Upgraded to Premium - iPhone 4 still claims I am not Premium user - why?

So annoying - I can't stream unless I'm a Premium user. I'm premium on the dektop application but even after reinstalling Spotify on the iPhone 4S it still claims I'm not a Premium user.

Help anyone? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Please help ...

I paid my Premium dues - not entirely fair that I'm unable to enjoy the service I paid for 😕

A bit of further info: On the Spotify webpage I'm unable to log in using the very same email and pw that works on Facebook and on the Spotify Player. To reply to this thread I had to log in using facebook.

Please help me out guys - I need this to work for e demonstration tonight!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have a very similar issue.  Paid for the upgrade, and it is not recognized on my computer or phone, yet when I log online with the same info, it says I have premium.  This is getting frusterating quickly

Marked as solution

Hi Dougmccadden,

I've just had a look at your account and the upgrade has gone through successfully. Please try logging out and signing back in with your 'dougmccadden' username (not your email address). 

If you're still not receiving Premium please let me know. 

Marked as solution

Restarted but with no changes.  I have also started this post

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Upgrade-to-Premium-from-Unlimited-c...

and have since been notified of two private messages, but have been upable to access them on the community page.  I cannot for the life of me locate this private messaging inbox.

Still, the problem persists.  Perhaps if we continue to chat in this thread I can see all the replies.

Marked as solution

I had this same problem on my spotify, I redeemed a code online on my iPad and received and email confirming my subscription, however when I go to the iPad app for spotify, it says I am not a premium subscriber so unable to listen to music

31 Replies

I've just had a look at your account and your Premium subscription has successfully gone through--strange you're not seeing this change on your iPhone. 

If you're comfortable could you please confirm which email address you're using to log in? Or you can send me a personal message with this information.  It sounds as though you might have a duplicate account on our system and I want to be sure you're logging into the correct upgraded account. 

Meredith... Can i get some help too PLEASE, Im very close on deleting my acct.

Hi Jay, 

I've had a look at your account and I can see what the issue is here. 

Please have a look at your email inbox as I've just sent you a message with more details. 

Hey meredith.... I dont have any emails from you... what email address did you send it to ?

I've sent the email to the address that's linked to your "commonweathbullies" Spotify account, as well as your Facebook account.

Please have a look in your SPAM folder as well--I've just sent the message a second time. 

I tried both to no avail. Please delete my emails from thread when we have resolved issue.

Oh, and I was wrong - I don't show as Premium on the desktop either. Still only Unlimited there, too 😕

How do I contact you privately? Already regretted having put my email on here, hehe - sooo many harvesters = sooo much spam 😕

Jwrusa- I've just sent a private message to your Facebook email address--feel free to delete the earlier posts with your email addresses on them if you want. 

Marked as solution

Please help ...

I paid my Premium dues - not entirely fair that I'm unable to enjoy the service I paid for 😕

A bit of further info: On the Spotify webpage I'm unable to log in using the very same email and pw that works on Facebook and on the Spotify Player. To reply to this thread I had to log in using facebook.

Please help me out guys - I need this to work for e demonstration tonight!

Marked as solution

I have a very similar issue.  Paid for the upgrade, and it is not recognized on my computer or phone, yet when I log online with the same info, it says I have premium.  This is getting frusterating quickly

Marked as solution

Hi Dougmccadden,

I've just had a look at your account and the upgrade has gone through successfully. Please try logging out and signing back in with your 'dougmccadden' username (not your email address). 

If you're still not receiving Premium please let me know. 

Marked as solution

Restarted but with no changes.  I have also started this post

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Upgrade-to-Premium-from-Unlimited-c...

and have since been notified of two private messages, but have been upable to access them on the community page.  I cannot for the life of me locate this private messaging inbox.

Still, the problem persists.  Perhaps if we continue to chat in this thread I can see all the replies.

Marked as solution

I had this same problem on my spotify, I redeemed a code online on my iPad and received and email confirming my subscription, however when I go to the iPad app for spotify, it says I am not a premium subscriber so unable to listen to music

I upgraded to the premium package on my computer and my iphone is not recognizing it...Ive tried signing out on my iphone but its not working....HELP

sophiatut - Are you still running into this issue at all? I've taken a look at your account and everything seems to be in working order...
Airhorn Enthusiast

Ugh. I am having the same problem! Spotify says I am a Premium user and I received an email reciept. There are still ads when I listen on my computer and my Iphone claims I should upgrade to premium as well.  I've deleted the app twice but this has not solved the issue. I've logged out  and back in online several times also to no avail. Someone please tell me how to fix this! I don't want to cancel my Premium, I want it to work.

Thanks!

Hello I am having the same problem as above. I have paid, it says I have premium but I cannot use spotify on my phone, and I have ads on the PC version. If you could help. Thanks.

So, I'm still hearing ads on my computer but I did finally get Spotify to work on my iphone. I log in with facebook so I logged out completely out of both spotify and facebook (on computer and phone) then went back onto facebook and changed my password. When I logged back into Spotify on my phone using facebook, it worked. I hope this helps you!!

Still would love some help with the ads I'm hearing on on my computer.

Suggested posts