Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify with a DLNA client

Solved!

Using Spotify with a DLNA client

Hi!

I am thinking of purchasing a Spotify account, so I can download tracksand add them to my laptop and then using my DLNA server via my home network that alows me to play these tracks. I can do this from my laptop at the moment, but was wondering if I can using Spotify to purchase the tracks and still download them as say MP3's and add them to my laptop playlist as normal?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A Spotify subscription does not equal downloadable tracks. You are able to buy and download MP3s, but this is kinda separate - this post might help explain: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and/Does-my-subscription-include-downloads/td...

There are ways to use Spotify on a PC (laptop in your case) and stream the tracks you are listening to on that over a home network to a client - Google for DSBridge - although I'm not sure whether this falls withing Spotify Terms of Service or is actually what you're asking for
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

A Spotify subscription does not equal downloadable tracks. You are able to buy and download MP3s, but this is kinda separate - this post might help explain: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and/Does-my-subscription-include-downloads/td...

There are ways to use Spotify on a PC (laptop in your case) and stream the tracks you are listening to on that over a home network to a client - Google for DSBridge - although I'm not sure whether this falls withing Spotify Terms of Service or is actually what you're asking for
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Day 28 Another Day gone and I am trying to keep my patience.

Why have all my case numbers been closed.  There has been no resolution to my inquiries. I am going on Day Number 28 without my services, but still paying for it.  If I was to have my service and tell you that the payment will get to you as fast as I can work on it, I am sure you would have resolution immediately, by canceling my subscription.  I cant even verify that my subscription can be cancelled, since spotify doesnt recognize me as having a subscription... But my Bank account says I have a subscription.

Kerry Adkison

Thanks for the quick and very helpful response! I think the bundles are a great way for me to get the tracks i am missing, and if and when I get round to upgrading my HiFi (Yes I am that OLD!!) I will look to purchase an account so i can always get the tracks I want!

As for streaming, I can do this as long as I have the mp3 tracks on my laptop, so purchasing bundles is the way to go!

Regards

Andrew

Sorry, not sure what this has to do with my query?

Kerry - I understand my colleague has recently emailed you. Can we try and keep responses on the thread relevant to the issue.

Andrew - Licenced is spot on regarding the mp3s. Also, I don't think there is nothing wrong with a nice old school HiFi. I love mine. I can use MiniDiscs on it, not that I ever have.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Cheers Sam, well I have "Upgraded" from Vinyl to cd's at least!!!

Suggested posts