Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Valid and ready credit cards being denied

Valid and ready credit cards being denied

Hello there

I tried to upgrade to Premium but two different credit cards with funds got rejected.
Both were MasterCards, registered at Brazil (obviously with international enabled) and i just checked them as OK.

I tried at both my laptop AND my smartphone but no success...
Are the systems down?

Thanks for the help, although I'm not sure the support staff will see this too, or just community members. Please, let me know if I posted wrong!

Bye for now

18 Replies

Hey @AlexandrePiccin,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you're having problems subscribing. 

The first thing to try would be to clear cache and give it a go in a different browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or an incognito window. You can then register your payment details here.

Also, check if the payment card follows all the requirements here.

Let us know how you get on!

Thanks for the support Pricilla!
Unfortunately, I got no success. I checked everything regarding the bank, MasterCard and the links you supplied, and the bottom line is that my card is doing aces.

The problem is that MasterCard's Securecard is "not in a good mood" with Spotify servers. That is what can be said after the people at Master's analyzed my situation. They said that there is a problem with Spotify in order to authenticate and confirm the deal with Securecard. It ought to be a security hassle.

I'm really eager to go premium, but Spotify's server is letting me down on that 😞

If only there was the option to buy gift cards or use paypal for spotify at Brazil, Í would be glad 😞

Have a nice day 😉

Hey @AlexandrePiccin,

Thanks for trying and letting us know.

Unfortunately Gift Cards and PayPal payments aren't available yet in Brazil.

The best thing is to get in touch with our customer services team directly using the online contact form.

They'll be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the Community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

I am in the USA and have been having the same problem for about a month now. I verified my card with my bank (twice, including within the past 30 minutes) but it is still being declined by Spotify, as recently as 25 minutes ago. I have used my card for other purchases, including online purchases, within the past 24 hours. I alerted Spotify to the problem,but the provided suggestions (different browser, incognito window, different computer, etc.) have all yielded nothing.

I really enjoy(ed) premium service with Spotify, but can't seem to get them to take my money! Help!

Hey JeffreyFarell,

Welcome to the Community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues upgrading at the moment. 

Have you tried any other payment methods yet? PayPal or even a Gift Card could help in this case.

I am having the exact same problem with the same attempted solutions with the same lack of desired results. I prefer to pay with a credit card as it eliminates the hassle of ensuring I fill up my paypal account with the required amount each month. This is quite frustrating. As a happy, longtime subscriber of Pandora One, this is not a great first impression of Spotify.

I umderstand vbjameson... Indeed, I feel sad for not being able to have spotify around with me.

I hope this will be quite temporary... No one in a normal capitalism would remain still and unresponsive about people trying to give money while they're not able to. haha

I guess the tech team may be working hard on this, so I will be tolerant about it, for now...

Hi 🙂

I actually changed my credit card number and when I tried to change it in the payments section on spotify, I have nothing comin to me: no way to change my payments settings .... I tried a lot but nothnig to do can u help me 

Yay 😄

All of a sudden it is working again, and I finally got premium test started 🙂
I don't know what happened, though, and I did everything just like before.

Big thanks to whoever fixed it; it was awesome to finally have it right in my birthday 🙂
A big Kudos and cheers to the Spotify tech! I hope the rest of you guys, who are also having trouble with payment, make out of it very fine!

Have a nice day!

Hey @ranyadebbagh,

Sorry to hear you're having issues subscribing.

Have you tried to clear cache and use a different browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or an incognito window? You can then register your payment details here

If you have tried it and you're still not being able to subscribe, which device and operating system is this on? Are you getting any error message? A screenshot could be helpful.

Hey @vagabondjameson,

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this.

The best thing here is to get in touch with our customer services team directly using the online contact form.

They'll be able to assist you further with this.

Hey @AlexandrePiccin,

We're glad to hear you're able to subscribe right on time for your birthday.

Happy Birthday and happy listening!

I'm not sure what to suggest, if you have already been in touch with the Support services and they have not been able to help, you've tried uninstalling and then signing in again and that hasn't worked then I am not sure what else to do. I'm a very new user of smart phones etc, but I try to find solutions to problems with the use of logic and reason, unfortunately it's not always the way things seem to work! If I do find out how to fix this problem I'll be in touch. Spotify say they are aware of this issue and are working on a solution, but it seems to be taking an awful long time to fix, where are the computer "whizz_kids" when you need them? Sorry I can't be more help to you. Julian.

P.S. Your English is fine, a few minor grammar errors, but otherwise good.

Spotify say they are aware of this problem and are trying to find a solution. I have to say that it seems to be taking an awful long time to come up with a valid and reliable source for the large number of Spotify premium users who are having similar problems and all the while it is quite possible that those loyal customers will be thinking of going elsewhere. I love the music I can access on Premium, but if I was getting the same treatment that many people seem to be receiving I think I would have given up and gone to another site, even if it was a bit less useful for its content, if they did what they should, when they should, that would be better than having to chase around from site to site yet never being able to SPEAK to a real person. Spotify premium needs to get its act together or lose customers. At the moment I am not having any issues, but if I do and I get the same results as many people seem to be getting, I'll be going to have to find another site that understands the importance of customer service and their satisfaction as a business model. Julian

I've tried a gift card, and other cards, browsers, computers, all without success. 

On the positive side, it is reassuring to read about others having the same problem, so that I know I am not going completely crazy, or that there is a probelm with my credit card. Also Spotify has now changed my account back to what appears to be a "Free Trial" mode while they try and sort the problem out. That works for me.

Thanks, forum and Spotify.

Having the same problem as everyone else here, bank says it's Spotify's fault, Paypal says it's Spotify's fault, and the support "solutions" here insist it's the bank, while putting in a ticket resulted in nothing more than an automated response essentially telling me I was out of luck since it told me to do everything I'd done. Not likely to get a response here in the time I need it, which is a shame, because this looked genuinely interesting and worth paying for. If I do get an actual response, even if it's not in the 2 hours I need it in, I would very much appreciate it. Might I suggest a support number? In my experience, ticket systems are inconvenient and ineffective for a consumer compared to a live chat or support number or SOMETHING that ensures communication with another person is being heard. Digressions aside, this problem is rather annoying.

@perpendiculous Just said the words...

After trying everything anyone could think of to solve this problem, Spotify gifted me a month of premium while we tried to sort out this mess. Inexplicably, after many many attempts, this week my card was accepted. I was using Firefox, that's all I can tell you. I had tried this and every other browser I had several times previously, but for some reason it worked. I had just been rejected with the same card using Chrome a minute prior to my successful payment.

This was not exactly an ideal customer experience (many calls to my bank to verify my card status, I don't know how many failed attempts to give Spotify my money, etc.), but Spotify did respond and did eventually fix the problem. 

Suggested posts