Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player][Connect] Random log in from other devices

[Web Player][Connect] Random log in from other devices

Hi:

Yesterday while i had the spotify desktop app open but not playing music, i noticed someone was listening to music from another device in my account. I then logged out of all the devices but this kept happening and music i've never listened to appeared as "recently played". I then changed my password twice, but again, it kept happening.

Another thing i noticed was that when i logged out from my device and then tried to log in again by clicking the "log in with facebook" button i logged in without Spotify asking me for any type of information. My facebook account wasn't open from my computer, so i don't understand why Spotify never asked for any password or email to be given and just accessed to my account. I then also checked the app Last.fm to see which were the last songs i listened to, and many songs that i wasn't listening to appeared as recently played.

I'm scared someone hacked into my account, so please if there's any way you can help me i'd be more than thankful. I already tried everything. Thank you!

~Sof
1 Reply

Hey, @Sofiia 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing that kind of issue.

I do recommend that you change your password.
Also, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as well.
It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.
  • Check out your account page to confirm if there is no app with access to your Spotify that you may not authorized.

And you can get more information about how to protect your account here.

Please, follow all these steps even if you've already made any one of them. After that, let me know if the issue persists.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts