Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When oh when will Spotify fix Family so it actually works?

Solved!

When oh when will Spotify fix Family so it actually works?

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Dell Precision 9560

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I used to have Spotify Family with my ex-wife, when I lived at a previous address. I recently upgraded again and invited my new partner to be part of the family account. It refuses to add her, supposedly because of address verification issues. The supposed solution to this is to close my account and create a new one - losing all my hundreds of playlists. Why should I need to do this? A bedroom web developer could build an 'edit my address details' interface. This is frankly pathetic.

I just downgraded back to Premium but I'm still going to have paid for family for a month without being able to use it.

Maybe Spotify could spend some of their VC money on fixing this glaring, and laughably easy to fix, issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @adamnewby 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could you double check if the address information is correct? If everything is ok, you can try to resend the invitation to her and check if it works well now. Moreover, be sure that she hadn't participated in other 2 Family plans in a period of a year already because each user just can join a Family plan twice as a member within a 12 months period.

More info here: 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @adamnewby 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could you double check if the address information is correct? If everything is ok, you can try to resend the invitation to her and check if it works well now. Moreover, be sure that she hadn't participated in other 2 Family plans in a period of a year already because each user just can join a Family plan twice as a member within a 12 months period.

More info here: 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts