Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When will you let us change our username? It’s 2024

When will you let us change our username? It’s 2024

It’s common to start out on social media or email with a name that seems fitting at the time but eventually changes as you grow into yourself.

Would you like to tell me your aol/Hotmail/yahoo username email?

As an artist-driven app, you cater to artists. It’s normal for an artist to start with one name then changing it. Username, artist name, stage name, “real” name, alter ego name, drag queen name, etc. Marilyn Monroe, Lady Gaga, Snoop Dogg, Lana Del Rey… I could go on. All of them have changed their name at least once. Snapchat, Instagram, twitter, Facebook, TikTok all let you change your username. There shouldn’t be a need to make a whole new profile and copy+paste into a new one. 

Not only as artists, but living in our internet time, a username is part of our identity and we need to be able to change it if we didn’t start with a username that grew with us.

1 Reply

Hey!

Thanks for sharing your request in the Community.

I totally see where you're coming from, keep in mind that although changing your username isn't possible at the moment, if you don’t like your display name you can change it by following the steps here.

Also, you can add your vote to this idea so it can be considered by Spotify.

Hope this helps 😊

Anyk17

Suggested posts