Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why Spotify scammed us?

Why Spotify scammed us?

I was in a moment of signing my bank account as I avail the student premium "whatever" and then it says that "dont worry blabla, it does not deducted to your account blabla. Just finish the next procedure and to make sure you are a student blabla". Then I was curious about this SHEERID and so i clicked it since its highlighted green. And then i went off the page. As I was finishing reading the stuff about SHEERID, I went back to the page and then it pulls me back to the start and then everything I say to my mind is, "wth!!!!! NOT AGAIN!". I was scammed last time. And not the second time around. As i check my bank account, it was deducted!!!!!!! And then I went back to my spotify account. Logged out and logging in again, still in a free mode? What to do? 

4 Replies

Hello @peejeyhoney,

Did you ever finish creating your Spotify student id? If that is not the case than you should click this contact form and ask them for a refund. If you get and automated email., message back to it and you will get the help you need.

I didnt send them my student id because i clicked the SHEERID that's higlighted in green. i was really curious. i havent received any emails from spotify telling me that i completely process availing their premium. I already sent them message regarding in this matter and what hates me is, I put my exact email ad which is (<REMOVED>) but they always said (THANK YOU, WE'LL GET BACK TO YOU AT <REMOVED>) which I dont know where they got that email ad???? my spotify account was registered to <REMOVED>. I tried to create new yahoo mail using the account they always insist and I made it. so meaning, it has not yet created and why are they making their own yahoo mail address? 😮

Hey @peejeyhoney,

If Spotify is unable to verify your student I.D, you won’t be eligible to claim the student discount. In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank confirms your student I.D failed to verify successfully, the money will reappear on your statement. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank. You can reach out to them for more information about any pending payments.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply. i appreciate it. hopefully i can get my money ASAP. because the last time i checked, this is my second time Spotify gets my money from my bank and never had the chance to return it. 

Suggested posts