Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why have all my playlists disappeared?

Solved!

Why have all my playlists disappeared?

I didn't delete them please help me

176 Replies

@annalouisekeel I can see playlists on your "annalouisekeel" username. Maybe you logged in with an email address instead of your username? Try logging out and back in with your username and password - do your playlists show up?

Hi @aartal Can you try reinstalling spotify.

Hi, I too have had login issues followed by the dissapppearnce of my playlists. I have filled out the form, which generated a reply telling me to go to community support for answers or to follow you on Twitter.  Can you see if I have a duplicate account or tell me what I need to do to get my playlists, subscriptions and the people I follow back?

Thanks! 

Reply directly to the automated email (even if it is from no-reply) and a member of the team will be able to lend a hand.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello, just wanting to start using my Spotify account after a few years and all of my playlists are missing. My user name is pauln40. Can someone at Spotify look into this please? Thanks

@pauln40 - If those playlists where ever on that account you should be able to restore them here:
https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Peter

I have replied as you suggested and no one has responded. It's been a week now and I have been unable to get one single direct interaction with anyone from Spotify...and all I am trying to do is to enjoy their product. So frustrating.

@Peter wrote:
Reply directly to the automated email (even if it is from no-reply) and a member of the team will be able to lend a hand.

Thanks tried as suggested but no joy. Wonder if it relates to my free account being upgraded via Virgin Media offer then reverting to free account? A response from Spotify would be nice.......

@rfinnelly - Weird, can you let us know your 8-digit case number and we can ask someone to check it out for you?

@pauln40 - Sounds like you may have a duplicate account in the system. If you could get in touch with support they will be able to lend a hand:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Peter

Somewhere inbetween my post and your post, someone contacted me and has corrected the issue. My playlists are back!!!

Glad to hear it! 🙂

Peter

All my playlists have disappeared help

When starting my Spotify today, it first installed itself, perhaps an upgrade - I don't know. When Spotify started, all my playlists were gone! I can't restore them where I can normally restore deleted playlists. They are just gone, without a trace! 

I didn't create any duplicate account, in fact Spotify used my previous login and password so it should be the same. In fact, I don't even have a Facebook account.

Can someone help me restore my playlists?

Definitely weird, have you tried logging out and back in again?

Peter

Yes, I have tried logging out and then logging on again. Twice. The playlists are still gone. 😞

EDIT: Now, third time - they are BACK! Definitely weird... But now it's solved, I hope.

I recently set up a second spotify (free) account for my business.  

I accidentally connected that account to my personal facebook which seems to have deleted my personal (premium) account and all my playlists.  Strangely enough, when I search for myself my user comes up with all my beloved playlists.

Any help would be so, so, amazing.

hugs,

Chris

@user-removed - You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to work some magic to get your old account back up and running. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I sent in a contact form.  Just waiting to hear back.  Thought it wouldn't hurt so post on here too.

Thanks for twitter tips!

Chris

Meredith - please please HELP.  I've lost a huge playlist and can't log in with my facebook.....my husband's list shows on my computer and my list is gone.  I'll do whatever you ask...oh, please don't say my stuff is forever lost.  Thanks you.

If your username here isn't a 10 digit number, you should be able to disconnect your account from your husband's facebook and reconnect to yours. Just follow the steps in the FAQ.

If your username is a 10 digit number, get in touch with spotify here and they can fix it. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Suggested posts