Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is there no error message when the desired username is not available?

Solved!

Why is there no error message when the desired username is not available?

On signing up for an account there is the possibility to enter a username ("What shall we call you?" or similar). I have entered the one I wished to use, but after my account was created, the username showed as a random alpha-numeric sequence. I tried this twice. Why is there no error message when the desired username isn't available?

Unfortunately, it also seems like it is not possible to change the username, so in that case especially I would expect some sort of hint regarding the username's availability or lack thereof. Highly annoying!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Kristie-Ana 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

There is an Ongoing Issue that seems to be like this one you're reporting. Could you report it officially there voting on the thread and giving the asked informations? It would be helpful to better understand what is going on with these accounts. You'll receive any update from Staff about this OI soon. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @Kristie-Ana 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

There is an Ongoing Issue that seems to be like this one you're reporting. Could you report it officially there voting on the thread and giving the asked informations? It would be helpful to better understand what is going on with these accounts. You'll receive any update from Staff about this OI soon. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, @hezorg, this helps a lot!

Hey there @Kristie-Ana,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Just wanted to add to the info @Luan mentioned above that there's no limit when choosing your display name in the app. This would explain why you didn't see an error message regarding it being unavailable 🙂

However, since seeing the username instead of the display name you picked is something our tech teams are looking into at the moment, it's best to follow the steps @Luan mentioned in the post above. It'd be also a good idea subscribing to it so you can stay updated on any news we have to pass on.

Hope this helps further clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts