Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

@user-removed

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login. You will need to create a new Spotify account that uses a username, and include that username with the description of your problem when you are contacting support.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thank you very much!

My Facebook account was removed by Facebook and it was linked to my spotify premium account ive lost my entire playlist and now have a free account but am still paying monthly 

I have lost my playlist after Facebook pulled my account that was linked to my spotify premium

@micdunmo

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi Meredith

I have a similar problem.

I already have a FB account for spotify which is linked it with the e-mail "removed" But i payed for a Premium account with the e-mail "removed" My question is, My fb account is the principal, where I have all my followers, following and my playlists, is there a way to combine my fb account with the new one I just created with premium?

Thanks!!!!

@iChuchoo

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

MattSudaSpotify Star

The wrong person is connected to my spotify account.

I followed the steps that are quoted in frequently asked questions but I still have the same problem.

When I check the settings --> Social it seems that no one is connected with facebook. (the social settings say: "Connect to facebook")

I allready contacted the person who is connected to my spotify account but when she checked here settings it also stated that she is not connected.

But still her name and profile picture show.

I would like that this name will be changed again to: familiehemmink and that there is no profilpic visible.

Kind regards,

Familiehemmink

IMG_0427.PNG

Hi, my fb account is the way I sign into my spotify. Can I undo this so I can use my email address instead I need to delete fb but cant because spotify.

Any help

Can anyone help? I'm not sure if someone has had this problem and a solution has been found(I really didn't have the patience to wade through the 61 pages here)

I have linked my account with my facebook profile and while it does show my list of friends etc, it shows another facebook users profile picture and name instead of my own... Is there any way I can remedy this?

I need help. I've created a complicated problem for myself.

I created a free account through facebook (only option available when I signed up in Germany). Recently, I had problems with connecting, so I made a new account with a username and connected it with my facebook. I then found all my playlists had vanished, and I can no longer connect through facebook at all after disconnected it (it says "incorrect username or password"). The new account name is MrGrimfang, but my old spotify account was connected to my facebook, Nick Bilodeau. The old email should be <removed>, and the new one is <removed>

I hope this is enough info to restore my old playlists. Much appreciated if you can help!

Lost Playlists and Facebook confusion:

I had a facebook only spotify account, with playlists, follower, following, favorites, etc. (For a few years) I wanted to move all of this to an email only account. I created an email only account and then connected it to facebook, thinking everything I had already connected to FB would show up. Well I was wrong. It connected FB and erased all the playlists, fav's etc I had when I previously logged in to FB only.

Now, I cannot disconnect the email account from FB, and log in again with FB only, as a seperate user. I keep getting errors. If I try to sign up with FB, it says its already in use. If I try to log in with FB, it tells me password is wrong (when it is not). It tells me to change password on FB, not on spotify.

Can I get my playlists, fav's, etc, back from my original account?

I tried the email form, three times (last week). I only recieved reply to first one. And the help was useless.

I stupidly let a friend use my PC to fix an issue with his and whilst I was out, he connected his facebook account to my spotify account. Why he didn't sign out of mine and into his I have no idea. I disconnected it myself but his details still appear top right. Got my playlists etc ut I want my original ID back, the account wasn't connected to facebook, I don't want it connected to my facebook let alone his. I was about to go premium but I've already had a message from someone asking why I'm now connected as this other person. I've uninstalled and reinstalled yet still his name appears. Moral of the story is don't let fools use your machine I guess but there has to be a way to display my original name. Surely.

Any help fixing this would be very useful and hugely appreciated. This is the account I plug into when playing Star Wars RPGs, hence the name Darth Kinta. Joseph Kirkham doesn't really work in the world of star wars roleplaying.

Cheers, DK aka Ben (Not Joseph)

I've attached a picture of the app (displaying this guys details), signed in as me and the web page showing my details, DarthKinta's account. I've logged out, signed back in as DarthKinta on the app but presented with his details. I have no hair left to pull out....

spotify.PNG

@DarthKinta

Don't worry, after disconnecting the Facebook account it can take up to 24-48 hours for the details to be removed.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@gd420mj

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Okay apologies this thread is 62 pages along and I'm sure this has been answered but I'm getting lost in the posts.

I have a spotify account which is lovely, set up with my facebook.

I reciently upgraded to preimum however i inadvertantly set up a new account (not linked to any facebook account)

Now I'd like the preimum account linked. 

How do I close my old account so I can link the new one? 

@krisikins,
Simple, find spotify email contact form. Once you get a reply and case# from support, reply to it with more info and you'll play the email game for a few days, but they will fix it for you. I've been playing email game for over a week now trying to get my list playlists, and accidentally deleted account info back. So it's possible, just takes time.

My account is connected to my wife's FB account, but my preferences button still says "Connect to Facebook". I think I need assistance.

I want to delete Facebook but keep Spotify... any help?

Suggested posts