Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Year in Music 2016

Solved!

Year in Music 2016

Is the year in music different this year? Last year, it told me my top artists by season, my top albums of the year, first song I listened to all year, and a bunch of stuff.. This year it told me my total minutes, gave me my top 100 playlist and that's pretty much it 😞

210 Replies

Wow didnt even know they took away lyrics! I remember when that was a 3rd party app. You are right they are getting wrose. They used to have songkick for concerts and last.fm had its own app. 

side note: scrobble to last.fm gives you a ton of stats but now where near year in review. 

I have also been waiting and looking forward to seeing my year in music. Last year the breakdown and stats were so awesome, I made an effort to use Spotify more than other sources in hopes that the year in review would be coming this year. I really hope that they do bring this back, there's still time? However if it helps anyone else, i've had spotify linked to lastfm one of my devices, i now wish i had done this with all of them. Last fm's breakdown is actually better than spotify's and it connects other sources...and it's free. Check it out, hoping this helps. 

http://www.last.fm/user/lward2985/listening-report/year via @lastfm

Follow me

lward2985’s year in music — Users at Last.fm.png

I've activited my notifications after I knew that this year's stats would be sent by email, so now i learn that i will never get it, this is very disappointing ! I was pretty excited by this.

Please send a new wave of email or make those stats available on the spotify app !

I found it quite disappointing. Maybe they'll add more stats as the month progresses? 

Once you've turned them on will the email be sent at some point? 

This will be a huge dissapointment if we don't receive this again this year. Come on Spotify, this is one of your coolest features! And don't make us "opt-in" to email to receive it. I've been a premium member for 3 years!

Hello!

With regards to the Year in Review stats, it should just be a matter of time until your personalized stats are received. I have all of my notifications turned on, and my roommate and another one of my friends received their email with the stats, while another friend and I haven't. I believe Spotify is just sending out the emails in waves.

Hang tight, I'm also looking forward to receiving my numbers, and hope your 2016 has been as great for you as it has been for music!

worst **bleep** ever

Has anyone gotten a response from Spotify yet? super disappointed

I JUST got my personal stats email! So...I think everyone who, like me, had notifications and still haven't received an email can expect one at some point!

It is still irritating that Spotify support could not confirm in their chat feature that emails are being sent out in a staggered manner, I was simply told they didn't know emails were still being sent out.

What email notification do you need on to get the email, because there are 10 different notification options.

Between my time posting the message saying we should hold tight (less than 30 minutes ago), and now, I received an email from Spotify with my numbers!!! Make sure to check your inboxes, especially under the "Promotions" category if you're using Gmail and appreciate the sweet sweet data.

Is there a more in depth look at some of the data? I would love to see how many times I've streamed some of my top songs, how many minutes I've listened to a specific artist, and so on and so on. 

Please send my year in review stats! My favorite feature of Spotify. Been a loyal user for four years. Listened to 52 days of music on Spotify last year! I was looking forward to this years stats, please advise if there is anything I can do to get them for 2016. Thanks so much.

I've had the same problem, and when I try to use the method of looking in 2016 Wrapped, I can't find my playlist. I only got premium a few days ago, December 8 at the earliest. Is that the reason I can't find my playlist, or has it just not shown up yet?

So which notification had to be on specifically? I received mine last year but not this time. Yes, I checked all of my folders and stuff, but I don't see it... 

I, like everyone else, am entirely too disappointed. I made a huuge point to use spotify all the time with the knowledge that I would get a breakdown at the end of the year. I think you guys underestimated just how much your users adore this feature, so here it is:

WE WANT A YEAR IN REVIEW!!! WE MISS IT!! WE LOVE YOU PLEASE KEEP US!!

This is incredibly disappointing. I hope the outcry of disappointed users shows you just how important this is to us. Even if it takes longer, we want it. I pay for your service as do many other people here, and we want our dang year in review! Dropped the ball, dudes.

that's just horrible user experience

I feel you. All I got was a playlist of my most listened to song. I miss last year, it was so cool seeing all of your personal stats. :'(

"Turn on your email notifications" is a garbage answer. Like any sane human, I disable email notifications for just about anything that allows me to — especially if I have the options of push/in-app notifications. I don't want to have my inbox inundated with what amounts to useless spam and promos just so I can get my "Year in Music" stats. At the VERY least, it should also be sent as a push notification through the Spotify app; otherwise don't give the option for both in the account settings as if they will be equivalent.

Suggested posts