Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Zip code invalid

Solved!

Zip code invalid

I am trying to rebuy premium after taking a hiatus but I can't get through the zip code screen. It's saying its invalid but it's not. I live in the US, am using a US zip code, and I am currently in the US trying to buy this so what is the problem?? I need this before my flight in 30 minutes.
70 Replies

I am also having trouble no matter what method I use (I tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE) its red and I cant enter to get Premium. Its really annoying and I needed it quickly! Its becoming more of a hassle than easy to get already!! 😞

Are you still having this problem?

I am. I just tried Chrome and Firefox, it wouldn't accept my zip for either one. You're making it awful hard to give you my money! How can something this basic be so difficult to work out?

I would greatly appreciate a fix for this. I have tried Chrome/Firefox. I have deleted my cookies and cache. I am definitely registered inside the USA. Why won't this work?!?

Edit: Also, this has been an issue since May of last year? seriously?

Well, I see Spotify's been working on this for a year now, but it's still not fixed. I wanted to come over here from Mog.com, which is shutting down, but I cannot get Spotify to accept 78745 in Austin, Texas as a valid ZIP code. And yes, I tried all the suggested fixes. Oh well.
Marked as solution

Hey guys! Welcome to the community 🙂

The number of reports of this issue lately have been tiny so my guess is it was solved after this was posted in the past. For now, if you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get those ZIP codes changed on your accounts manually..

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm not optimistic, since the autoreply I got just tells me to check the FAQ or come here, and "We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter". So if a real human actually manages to address this problem, I'll be kinda surprised. At any rate, I won't be bothering to use the service that I can't pay for, until or unless that happens, or I finally get an a Tweet that this refusal to take my money has been addressed as a "major service upgrade."

Peter did say to reply to the automated response if you got one.

Done and done. Hopefully these actions will help. I don't understand why (if these problems were fixed months ago)
there is no info on the FAQ or here on the forums about a solution.

Here we are in 2014, and still getting invalid zip code bull****.  Trying to upgrade to premium, but I guess spotify has too many customers and they do not want anymore. Absolutely ridiculous... Ill go elsewhere

Sorry, but there is no re-subscribe button

Marked as solution

LOL I found a fix. Press enter after putting in the zip code. It still says invalid zip and the button wont work, but pushing enter does the trick. 

When I click on add payment info, and yes my profile country is USA, and is greyed out.... but when I try to add payment info, it takes me to the free trial bs page again, and then the invalid zip code once again.. Fricking ridiculous.  https://www.spotify.com/us/#premium

I am on a mac btw. I had the prob on two different macs in two different browsers.

When I click on add payment info, and yes my profile country is USA, and is greyed out.... but when I try to add payment info, it takes me to the free trial  page again, and then the invalid zip code once again.. Fricking ridiculous.  https://www.spotify.com/us/#premium

Marked as solution

Well holy balls, I pressed enter and magically everything is better >.>

I feel derpy, but hey it worked. I hope anybody else who has this issue sees that bit.

If not here it is again

1. Choose card type

2. Put postal code in

3. Press enter

4. Profit...well for spotify at least 😉

I dunno think it's pretty derpy to have a site with buttons that don't work properly.

Thanks for the reports guys, will get this escalated as an issue now for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is anyone still having this issue? 

I think it has been fixed now.

Hi guys, thanks for your reports!

We're going to take a look at this now, we'll keep you posted. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Suggested posts