Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

account name

account name

Hello, 

My account was infected the spotiamb recently, then the spotify staff help me to open a new account and transfer everything form my old account to the new one. However, I just found that my account name is a crazy random code, though it show my real name on the public profile. It still bother me since i have to copy the nonsense code to login my account and even my friend cannot find me through name search. Is it possible to help me to change my account name back to normal??

And I'm not so sure should I link my facebook account to spotify, since it might be the reason why I got the spotiamb hack. (As the staff suggest me to use email or name to login my new a/c, and delete my original Facebook sign-up spotify a/c).  

Thanks in advance. 

1 Reply

Hey @4vbafqadbfmz96y,

As Spotify looks to improve the overall experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There are no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any you like 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts