Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

account no longer exists, can't retrieve

account no longer exists, can't retrieve

For years I've had a free Spotify plan and was perpetually logged in both on my Mac laptop and iPhone. Several months ago I changed my Instagram username and within seconds of changing it I was logged out of my Spotify account on both devices and my Spotify account disappeared; my Spotify username was the same username I had for my Instagram account. It's been so long since I set up the account that I can't remember if at one point these two things were somehow linked, but I can no longer access my Spotify account---trying to reset my password using my original username gives me a "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account" message. Is there a way to retrieve my account and all of my playlists, etc. associated with it?

3 Replies

Hey @agray29, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

For this particular case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for responding---I contacted Customer Support months ago and they told me to post my question here.

Hey @agray29,

If you got an auto-reply from Spotify via email stating this, then you can go ahead and reply to it stating what you need help with, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that because of the coronavirus pandemic, response times may be slightly longer.

You can also attach a screenshot of what you’re seeing and I’ll take a closer look. Make sure to hide sensitive information when you’re posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts