Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

and we are BACK playing in RANDOM order!

and we are BACK playing in RANDOM order!

OK you guys,

I just want to let you know that I'm seriously disappointed in all of you, especially the engineers of this company. My songs are now, once again, playing in random order, after doing very well and following the rules for a week. I will continue to let you guys charge me $10 a month for your service because all of your competitors are just as bad as you are, so there's no reason for me to go anywhere else. I just can't believe a big company like yours can't solve a simple issue like this! But I'll tell you people one thing, if you want to consult with an intelligent engineer that has literally years of experience dealing with impossible problems and solving them, you can always call me! But rest assured, it'll cost you plenty because I don't pick up other peoples' messes that are not supposed to exist for low wages. I'm not going to ask for suggestions anymore to solve this problem, because you have proven yourselves to be unreliable. I'll just deal with the annoyance. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Oh, and since you forums folks are all unpaid volunteers (I'm assuming), if you want to contact the engineers that are at fault for this annoyance, and they want to ask someone who can probably find the answer with a few short google searches, give them this information:

Adam Evanovich
Software Engineer
Iowa City, IA

I'm sure they can find me on the internet if they look me up. Hopefully they're at least smart enough to do THAT! 😃

3 Replies

Hello @ajetrumpet,

I'd recommend you try having a clean reinstall following these steps in case that does the trick.

It's also possible that you're using two accounts - Premium and Free. If the songs play randomly, I'd recommend checking if you're logged in to your Premium account. You can check out this page in order to find if you own multiple Spotify accounts.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm sorry Jose, but I never talk to agents on the phone anymore, primarily because the first thing they always tell me when they don't have an answer is either:

=> empty your browser cache, or

=> try reinstalling the sofware

Like I said before, I expect nothing from spotify in terms of a fix because I know exactly how large organizations work.  I've made so much money at this point fixing errors encountered by people due to lack of attention to details by large org software developers, I could be a millionairre soon!  (maybe not THAT soon though).  so why would I help the spotify employees solve the issue when their mistakes make me money? 

but to an actual interesting point at this time, for the last 2 days the songs have once again started playing in order, without skipping, but of course during those 2 days, they have intermittently played in random order, then in right order, then randomly, etc, etc.....so like I said, I expext nothing from these guys because I know  full well how politics in large orgs invade the quality of work.  But hopefully they can find a solution for good!  I will keep the service though, because they are the best regardless if they s**k as developers.  I offered them my services by posting my info, but noone called or emailed.  what a surprise huh?  who am I?  what would I know, right?  😃   I"m not the CEO of google, so I can't possibly know anything....

Hello,

I'm sure we can figure out what's going on here. Can you let me know if having a clean reinstall of the app made any difference at all? Also, can you make sure you're logged in to the right account?

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts