Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Premium Account and Playlists gone

Hi there,I just downloaded the newest version of spotify and when I log in now, all my playlists are gone and it says that I am using the free version...My account has a 12 month premium subscription, so I am not too happy about that.Not sure what th...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, I just downloaded the newest version of spotify and when I log in now, all my playlists are gone and it says that I am using the free version... My account has a 12 month premium subscr...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

preium to free to premium

my account expired today to free so i decided to upgrade to premium again i was on free for like an hour. result: i need to sync all my tracks again??? this is the last time i will be using spotify now. since you guys dont understand that 3G data is ...

• Regular
  • my account expired today to free so i decided to upgrade to premium again i was on free for like an hour.   result: i need to sync all my tracks again??? this is the last time i will be us...
  • redboykecom
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
    Premium
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get Premium, why?

Can't get Premium with Paypal or Klarna Payment. Everytime I will get Premium, it says I should take another Payment-Method. Can anyone help me?

• Casual Listener
  • Can't get Premium with Paypal or Klarna Payment.   Everytime I will get Premium, it says I should take another Payment-Method.   Can anyone help me?
  • H3nR0ck
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium suddenly ended despite paying for the next month already

Hi, I've been using Spotify premium since 2012 September, and now suddenly my subscribtion doesn't seem to work properly anymore. In my profile it says: You have got an active subscription. You subscription will automatically change to Spotify Premiu...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I've been using Spotify premium since 2012 September, and now suddenly my subscribtion doesn't seem to work properly anymore. In my profile it says: You have got an active subscription...
  • roym899
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

retrieve old account on current email

I was without a computer for two months. When I got a new one I tried going to my old Spotify account. After resetting my password I'm seeing my profile as a new user without any playlist, or followers. I see my old account is still active. Is there ...

• Casual Listener
  • I was without a computer for two months. When I got a new one I tried going to my old Spotify account. After resetting my password I'm seeing my profile as a new user without any playlist, or followe...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium subscription and all of my playlists gone!

Hi, I have a big problem. Yesterday when I tried to log in to spotify I did a horrible discovery, my premium subscription was no longer there and all of my playlists + favourites etc were gone. It's like it's a complete new account or it has been res...

• Regular
  • Hi, I have a big problem. Yesterday when I tried to log in to spotify I did a horrible discovery, my premium subscription was no longer there and all of my playlists + favourites etc were gone. It's ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Need accounts to be logged out

Hello. I need all other accounts then mine logged out cuz someone else is using my account...

• Hello. I need all other accounts then mine logged out cuz someone else is using my account...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted Facebook

Hello, I deleted my Facebook profile, but want to keep Spotify. I am already signed up for Spotify Premium, and would like to continue this service. However, I would like to make sure that I receive a Username outside of Facebook, and that I don't ge...

• Hello,   I deleted my Facebook profile, but want to keep Spotify.  I am already signed up for Spotify Premium, and would like to continue this service.  However, I would like to ma...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account hacked

Hi my account has been hacked, I have used the standard contact form, but also managed to use an alternate contact form where I was able to stipulate a contact email (and therefore get replies as the hacker has changed my email and password). The cas...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi my account has been hacked, I have used the standard contact form, but also managed to use an alternate contact form where I was able to stipulate a contact email (and therefore get replies as the...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't' change password

I can't change my profile or anything on my profile

• Regular
  • I can't change my profile or anything on my profile
  • catherineelee99
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist Gone!!!

All my playlist which were downloaded for offline use have disappeared from my account. People are gonna say about the duplicate account thing which is the bit that troubles me. Originally I used to login using my facebook login and it never required...

• Casual Listener
  • All my playlist which were downloaded for offline use have disappeared from my account. People are gonna say about the duplicate account thing which is the bit that troubles me. Originally I used to ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Subscribe to Premium with Gift Card only

My son currently uses Spotify Free. I want to give him a gift card for a year's subscription to Premium. Can he upgdrade to Premium, pay for it with the gift card AND NOT input a credit card? There doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade to Premium witho...

• Casual Listener
  • My son currently uses Spotify Free.  I want to give him a gift card for a year's subscription to Premium. Can he upgdrade to Premium, pay for it with the gift card AND NOT input a credit card? &...
  • jcjost
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! can't cancel subscription

When i try to cancel my premium membership it just says that my password is incorrect. I am logging on through facebook, I do not understand why this keeps happening. PLEASE HELP!!!

• When i try to cancel my premium membership it just says that my password is incorrect. I am logging on through facebook, I do not understand why this keeps happening. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 48 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 48 replies
  • 3 likes

Buy Music

Hi, I don't see a Buy Music option in my spotify premium account. Can you please help with that

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I don't see a Buy Music option in my spotify premium account. Can you please help with that
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! deleted FB and now spotify always offline

after deleting my fb account which was linked to my spotify (I had already created a spotify account befor linking it to fb), when I now log in im told my account details are wrong, to log out and in again, which I do. I can listen to my own files bu...

• Casual Listener
  • after deleting my fb account which was linked to my spotify (I had already created a spotify account befor linking it to fb), when I now log in im told my account details are wrong, to log out and in...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify posted to my Facebook feed without authorisation

I was shocked to see a post from Spotify on Facebook telling my friends what I am listening to. I was positive I had unchecked the box permitting this a long time ago. Sure enough, I checked spotify and the 'Share my activity and what I listen to on ...

• ...art of the system must be absolutely rock rolid. There are profound implications when people have bugs in areas around sharing activity and making it public to other people.   I am pretty a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify charged me $68.00...Why

So I look on my Credit Card statement, and see this. INSUFFICIENT FUNDS FEE FOR A $9.99 RECURRING CARD PURCHASE - DETAILS: 0217Spotify USA 877-778-1161 NY 04207670100729477 $34.00 ($80.48) 02/18/2014 Fee INSUFFICIENT FUNDS FEE FOR A $10.00 RECURRING ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I look on my Credit Card statement, and see this. INSUFFICIENT FUNDS FEE FOR A $9.99 RECURRING CARD PURCHASE - DETAILS: 0217Spotify USA 877-778-1161 NY 04207670100729477 $34.00 &n...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Wrong Facebook Account Linked to My Spotify Account

Basically, a friend signed into her Facebook account while using my Spotify account and now my account is linked to the wrong Facebook profile. I see my playlists, but my friends or follow suggestions are all hers. I've tried changing passwords, logi...

• Casual Listener
  • Basically, a friend signed into her Facebook account while using my Spotify account and now my account is linked to the wrong Facebook profile. I see my playlists, but my friends or follow suggestion...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Re syncing Devices

Hi, I have had my devices reset after I got a new phone, I went to resync my new phone and another mobile and my laptop to find that one Iphone device is not showing any playlist. Were as the other mobile device and laptop are able to sync offline wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have had my devices reset after I got a new phone, I went to resync my new phone and another mobile and my laptop to find that one Iphone device is not showing any playlist. Were as ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hey spotify community, I made an account yesterday, with an email but a wrong domain Live.com instead of Outlook.com, because of that I cant access the spotify account because the email will be wrong, and I have no access to the email either. When I ...

• Hey spotify community,   I made an account yesterday, with an email but a wrong domain  Live.com instead of Outlook.com, because of that I cant access the spotify account because the em...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes