block followers

block followers

StephT

I see that there are many messages about this and a ton of people complaining about the same thing.

Just adding another to the list.

Spotify, can't you get on this?  

on other social networking sites you have the option to block people and not have to be reminded of their existance whatsoever.

I love spotify but I hate having to see my ex's face when I look at my followers!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm gonna have to cancel my spotify subscription 

21 Replies

Re: block followers

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It is "coming soon" according to the ideas topic which requests this be added. You can read about it here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Liam
Community Legend

Just a reminder though, Spotify isn't a social networking site or service.

user-removed
Not applicable

Totally agree - I have the same problem right now - am offended everytime I open my Spotify to see him there each time - it is offensive and very worrying that you can't block people - if it isn't resolved soon I will cancel my account

user-removed
Not applicable

yep - the reallyreallyreally needs dealt with - my creepy ex is following me too.  i'm paying for this but considering unsubscribing and finding a different service.  

wolf1972
Casual Listener

nonsense! spotify has made itself a social networking service by introducing the following system without asking anyone if they want to be a part of it! i was never asked if id like other people seeing all my music! i think its disgraceful that theres no way for me to switch this off at the moment! very angry

Joe
Community Legend

You can make your playlists and activity private. I'm not sure what else you would need? If you don't want people to know you or your persona even exist, using the internet is bad.

Clearlight

You should cancel! Money speaks more than anything else and when the money starts going away, they will realize that they need to consider the "basic" needs of their customers.  Spotify doesn't value their customers because they have let this be an issue for too long!  It's a HUGE problem Spotify!

cpasallie
Casual Listener

Unwanted followers can lead to cyber-bullying. When are you going to allow users to control who follows/views their playlists? Are you waiting for a cyber bullying lawsuit? This is a terrific program with a terrible flaw.

Peter__
Community Legend

@cpasallie wrote:

Unwanted followers can lead to cyber-bullying. When are you going to allow users to control who follows/views their playlists? Are you waiting for a cyber bullying lawsuit? This is a terrific program with a terrible flaw.

You are aware you can make your playlists secret (from the right click menu), so no one can see them from your profile? 

Spotify force you to have a public profile, fine. But you can make it blank by not sharing your activity (from the preferences menu) and making your playlists secret. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS