Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

breach of privacy and theft of data

breach of privacy and theft of data

I updated my Android spotify app 2 days ago and tonight while at the gym my music kept stopping. When I unlocked my phone it asked me if I wanted to play music here or via my other device. I was surprised as I had no other device at the gym. It also said it was an iPhone which I don't own.

I then disabled Blutooth and the device was still there. So I disabled WIFI and the other device was still there stopping and starting the music but they kept playing their own playlist. I then disabled Mobile Data and it stopped.

Notice in this screenshot WIFI is disabled. That iPhone is appearing via my 4G service.

Screenshot_20170602-200454.png

So important questions I need answers from Spotify are. Why was my phone communicating with another persons phone and spotify app. Why was it doing this over MOBILE DATA. What of my personal info was transmitted to this persons iPhone. They heard my music and I heard theres but was that the only breach of privacy?

The fact it's looking over mobile data for near by devices is also mental! and even when I turned off Look for local devices it still kept happening! I had to keep mobile data off to stop it happening which meant I was restricted to only listening to music i had pre downloaded.

I would have preferred to go direct to Spotify with this but they only allow posting to this community site now. 

Someone from Spotify please contact me ASAP. 

4 Replies

I'd like to add to this that my recently played list has 8 playlists/radio stations that I never played. So this little mating of phones in public has also merged our data to a point!!!!

This is really **bleep** Spotify!

I have the exact same problem, I just posted "Is my Spotify account hacked" here at this forum.

And I share the frustration that you can´t communicate directly to any Spotify customer service. That´s just really poor service, Spotify!

My problem is not limited to my iphone though, the same thing happens on my mac...

2 days later after not using Spotify and I found this list of recently played things. None of them were me. I went on to my PC and logged in and found this iPhone on my list of devices. I haven't owned an iPhone for 6 years and have only had Spotify for 3 years.

Any way via the spotify website on my PC I was able to force all devices to log off. I changed my password and removed access to Facebook so I was only able to login to my spotify app on my phone via my # username. So far no more random **bleep** but still amazed at how this could have happened in the first place.

Capture.PNGScreenshot_20170604-124726.png

I experienced this as well while running two days ago! All what you explained / experienced above.

Where there any replies from Spotify ? How did you fix it?

Any indication what of one's data has been compromised?

Suggested posts