Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't log into my premium account

Solved!

can't log into my premium account

I've already contacted customer service twice about this without much help. These forums seem a bit more active. I pay for this service every single month, so I find it wrong that I'm completely locked out of my account. When I contacted customer service they told me there are no accounts attached to my email address and asked if I had any others. No, I don't have any other email addresses. This is the one I used to sign up with, plus my account was connected to my facebook. I tried logging in through facebook, but spotify is treating it as a completely different account without the premium service. It's been like this for almost a week and this is a real problem considering I pay for this service. Obviously something has been compromised as I'm not the only person in this forum complaining about randomly not being able to log into their premium account. The emai I used to sign up an the email that I use for paypal are the same and I use paypal to pay for spotify. Is there another way for you to reset my password? Because I really don't know what to do now and as it stands some other person has my account, changed the password and email and now I'm paying for it and I can't even use it OR cancel service if I wanted to. That doesn't seem very fair to me. The account is pristinepanda and I would greatly appreciate it if I could have my password reset to the correct email address. I've sent 3 password reset requests but none of them have come to me nor are they in my spam folder.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I tried to login to spotify on a new laptop. Spotify tells me my credit card is about to expire and to update my contact details. I did this and now it says I have only the free service and not premium. I logged out of my ipad spotify account and logged back in and now it says I only have the free service and all my playlists have dissappeared. My iphone is the only place where my origional playlists and premium account resides and that's only because I haven't logged out and logged back in again. I sent a 'help' request via the spotify site and will see what can be done. Very frustrating. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Have you tried entering your username rather than email address on the reset page? 

Spotify have a dedicated contact system for people who have issues with password retrieval too: 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-password/

Unfortunately, since it is the Easter weekend, replies may take longer than normal. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have tried everything. Logging in with facebook, logging in with every password combination I can possibly think of, resetting via my email address, resetting via my username. Nothing is working. When I try asking for a password reset via the username it just tells me an email has been sent, but I never get one to the literal only email address I have. When I try sending it via the email address it just tells me how i'm logged in through facebook so I have to deal with it on facebook. But the facebook log in is a blank profile without premium, so that does me no good.

It sounds like you may have inadvertently created a new account (and a cursory glance at your account on our system suggests that this is indeed the case). Not to worry, just get in touch using our online form and one of our advisors will be happy to help. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

HI!

I am a Premium customer and after reseting my PC I literally cant get into my account... With my password I can only get into "normal" Spotify, but I´m still paying and I want to enjoy Premium. 

On the other hand, or may be because of this problem, my cellphone doesn´t set with the computer Spotify. 

This is crazy. Please help.

Thank you

Just gifted 3 months and saying pre-populated gift code not valid
Marked as solution

I tried to login to spotify on a new laptop. Spotify tells me my credit card is about to expire and to update my contact details. I did this and now it says I have only the free service and not premium. I logged out of my ipad spotify account and logged back in and now it says I only have the free service and all my playlists have dissappeared. My iphone is the only place where my origional playlists and premium account resides and that's only because I haven't logged out and logged back in again. I sent a 'help' request via the spotify site and will see what can be done. Very frustrating. 

Here is what I hope is the answer.

You actually have two accounts, one free and one Premium. One is with Facebook and the other is with Spotify but they’re not linked and that’s the key.

If you originally signed up to Spotify by signing in with your Facebook login, then your Premium account resides with Facebook. Your stand-alone Spotify account remains Free - an account you may not even realise you have. Despite paying your monthly subscription to Spotify your Premium account is tethered to the Facebook account not your Spotify account. You might think that paying Spotify would mean you can sign into this service from a variety of other accounts such as Google or Facebook and in so doing you would arrive at your home account but you’d be wrong.

The only option is to contact Spotify and ask for your account to either remain with Facebook and your current login or have it migrated across to Spotify. This means you will effectively be opening a new Premium Spotify account as previously you didn’t have one – despite sending your money to Spotify. They will switch over all your playlists and then you’ll need to sign up to Premium with your credit card.

In my experience they are very quick at getting back and efficient at arranging the switch over. Good luck.

I lost my phone and I can't remember my password I put in my email and it emails me an email address saying where I can change my password and it tells me my username I try to connect to the website that they say to connect to and it won't let me and I can't login to my Spotify account cuz I don't know the password and it won't let me reset the password can you please help me with this matter getting very frustrated

ive had my premium account for 3 years with no problems . 2 days ago it signed out on me and i havent been able to sign back in .  did a live chat with spotify and they told me they cant see any account linked to me .  i dont understand this at all and quite frusterated as I use it every day .

Suggested posts