Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

delete account

delete account

Why is it so hard to delete a spotify account? I have cancelled my subscription due to the intrusive privacy changes and now I want my account permanently deleted. The contact form is useless.

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

The only way to do it is through the form.
Did you use this one?

Once you receive an automated reply, you need to respond to it directly (even if it's from a no-reply) and it will be sent to the staff.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi Anthony, thanks.

Yes I did use that form, I chose "I want to close my account permanently" this then takes you to a help page which directs you back to the "form" and you go round and round in circles.

I chose the option "I still need help" and got an automated email which directed me to the same "form" and to this community. I replied to the no-reply email address as people on the forum suggested and have heard nothing back.

I got a reply from customer support this morning offering to close my account, I guess I just needed to be more patient. Thanks for your advice.

I did notice however the word "close" was used rather than "delete" so am awaiting confirmation that my data will actually be removed, we'll see. 

Suggested posts