have Premium but works only on computer and not in Android app

have Premium but works only on computer and not in Android app

Plan

Premium

Device

Huawei P20 Lite

Operating System

Android

Hi, I've successfully activadted Premium account on my computer. But when I open Spotify app on my Android device it's still showing Freen account.

I've followed all steps mentioned in FAQ but didn't help at all.

4 Replies

Hi there @orvaq,

thanks for reaching out about this !

There's a common mistake among users to create more the one account and be logged into the different ones across devices.

What i'd offer is to first visit you account overview page at Spotify.com and choose the option of "Sign Out Everywhere".

Then, use this help page to locate all accounts listed with your details to make sure you're logged into all account using the same credentials.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey there @orvaq,

Thanks for posting here! 

What you can also do, if it's easier for you, is to find your username and email address for each account you have while you're still logged into the accounts across devices.

Here are the steps to do that:

1. Use this article to share your profile. Click Share > Copy Spotify URI. The link you will get will look something like this: spotify:user:(here will be your username).
  2. Use your account page to see which email is connected to the account you're logged into on each device.
  3. Reset the password by entering the email address your account has.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi there and thanks for the hint but unfortunately it doesn't help =[

As I've been trying to log on and off on my phone it happened once that I logged and had Premium account but another login was again as free. Can't understand that even more now.

Hi there @orvaq,

Thanks for getting back to us!

You could have two different accounts - one that runs on Spotify Free, and another with Premium. 

It's important to check which email address is connected to the account you're currently logged into. This, as well as your subscription status, can be seen on your account page. Then, after you know which email is connected to the account, you can reset the password

Can you tell us how you log in? Do you use 'Log in with Facebook' or 'Log in with email address and password?'

Do you type the login data manually or is it saved? 

Keep us in the loop!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts