is it possible to block a certain artist?

Solved!

is it possible to block a certain artist?

im_fandom_trash

is it possible to block a certain artist from showing up in your feed and in your autoplay? for example, i really really hate the weeknd, is it possible for me to block his songs from autoplaying on playlists (i.e top 40, etc)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Maxim
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @im_fandom_trash,

Unfortunately not, but you can add your support to this idea right here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

Thanks!

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

65 Replies

evissecer

Spotify has said after careful consideration they're not going to implement this idea. Well after careful consideration, it looks like I'm cancelling my premium membership. I shouldn't have to put up with Nickelback, Chris Brown or Zomboy via a music service I'm paying for. SMH

ErwinBaeyens
Casual Listener

saying something cannot be done and will not be implemented is not a solution. On the contrary it is counter productive.  Contrary to what spotify claimed a few weeks ago on the Belgian tv that through data they know what music their customers want and want to improve their experience they actually give jack - S-H-I-T about their customers other than getting the money and selling their data to the most bidding.

Remezeb
People have been suggesting this for over two years... maybe it's about time to start doing something with this awesome suggestion...
SUGGESTED POSTS