is it possible to block a certain artist?

Solved!
29 people liked this

is it possible to block a certain artist?

im_fandom_trash

is it possible to block a certain artist from showing up in your feed and in your autoplay? for example, i really really hate the weeknd, is it possible for me to block his songs from autoplaying on playlists (i.e top 40, etc)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution! 15 people liked this

Re: is it possible to block a certain artist?

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @im_fandom_trash,

Unfortunately not, but you can add your support to this idea right here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

Thanks!

MaximRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
56 Replies
Highlighted
Solution! 15 people liked this

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @im_fandom_trash,

Unfortunately not, but you can add your support to this idea right here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

Thanks!

MaximRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
73 people liked this

Remezeb
People have been suggesting this for over two years... maybe it's about time to start doing something with this awesome suggestion...
45 people liked this

1musichead
Visitor

C'mon Spotify, improve your effing software already! Everybody hates at least one  band, why can't we ban them FOREVER from our radio stations? The sound of the Flaming Lips makes me lose my effing mind. Worst band ever, next to Kid Rock, of course.

Based on the amount of requests on this particular subject, just effing do it already.

7 people liked this

robin1301
Casual Listener

My wife asked me the same thing, so I made a tiny, simple tool that does just that :) 

< snip - moderator edit >

3 people liked this

Zimoch

This is a virus Trojan.Win64.Barys.eeaces - be warned

18 people liked this

yoyannik
Regular

This is not solved. I really want this feature...some songs I dislike and they come in playlists again and again....

13 people liked this

BRMuller

I hate some artist and they come again and again on may radio, or weekly suggestions

16 people liked this

ErwinBaeyens
Casual Listener

We need this;

In the daily mix it is not even possible to remove the tracks of artists I do not want to hear untill these are playing.  Come on at least give us that to remove the real stinkers from the daily mix before they torture us.

Or just let me personally ban **bleep** artists like Ted Nugent or Starship/Jefferson Airplane/Airplaine or what the **bleep** that band is called today so that I do not have to hear then ever again.  I'm paying for the music I listen to on spotify.  Woild You like it to be forced to buy cd's from artists you do not like in order to be able to buy the ones that you do like?

I'm really starting to think about voting for all the issues that I have raised with my wallet and take my business elsewhere.

13 people liked this

MarcelPeters_NL

You listen to some nice tracks and suddenly you hear the band/artist that you really hate. This is NOT why I am using Spotify. It should be possible to block the artist that you hate because you don't like their music or you just don't like the artist itself. There are a few artists that I don't like because of the way they present themselves. Please make it possible to block certain bands and artists.

SUGGESTED POSTS