is it possible to block a certain artist?

Solved!

Re: is it possible to block a certain artist?

gnahzanehta

Spotify, please reevaluate this issue. There are some songs that Spotify recommends to me and I've already decided I don't like some of them but they will still show up consistently. It's really annoying and I just want the option to block the songs I don't like so they don't keep popping up. Maybe something less harsh than the phrase "block" could be like dislike. So I could "dislike" a song if it really bothered me.

AngryAndy

It is criminal in this day and age that Spotify do not have a Phil Collins blocking mechanism in place.

Highlighted

ErwinBaeyens
Casual Listener

saying something cannot be done and will not be implemented is not a solution. On the contrary it is counter productive.  Contrary to what spotify claimed a few weeks ago on the Belgian tv that through data they know what music their customers want and want to improve their experience they actually give jack - S-H-I-T about their customers other than getting the money and selling their data to the most bidding.

evissecer

Spotify has said after careful consideration they're not going to implement this idea. Well after careful consideration, it looks like I'm cancelling my premium membership. I shouldn't have to put up with Nickelback, Chris Brown or Zomboy via a music service I'm paying for. SMH

alexjm71

So you decided not to do it? Just why?

There are r*pists, abusers, racists and a lot of horrible people that have their music on the site and I don't plan on wasting my money to support them just because they went viral or something.

You guys need to fix this. 

rob3fish

prob my fav feature on spotify is the "personalised" weekly recommendations. that said, spotify has to TORTURE me on every possible occasion with Pumarosa. heaven forbid i let Autoplay kick in.... given that your weekly recommendations have been **bleep** for the last 4 months, i could just end my subscription

mariagialama
Casual Listener

Bhad Bhabie keeps popping up and I hate her voice... I have absolutely no way of blocking her and it is going to make me stop using spotify. She truly is really annoying and her voice just pisses me off. Please find a way to solve this. I love spotify as an app but I dont think I (or anyone else in the world) should have to put up with that voice . 

diveboy8
Regular

This is marked as a solution but solved it's not its just passed off.
I really don't like Biffy Clyro, but Spotify seems to think I want to listen every other track!

Therionate
Casual Listener

I just saw the ‘solution’ too, which is just a middlefinger to the community and just close the case with an answer that says less than nothing. I don’t want to pay for what I do not like, and if I know what I don’t like I want to be able to automatically skip it. As this is not being added definitely, I’m going to cancel my subscription after this message.

Oregonhec

I can’t play any 80’s music without the freakin culture club popping up. I can’t stand it. I’m actually considering terminating my Spotify account due to the inability to block!

SUGGESTED POSTS