password must be reset every log in

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone and Windows

My Question or Issue

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Password-Not-Saving-or-Keeps-Changing/m-p/1587375#M259209 here is a discussion that had a similar issue but it's closed.

every time i restart my browser and get automatically logged out, whether that's on my desktop web browser or my phone web browser, i enter the correct username and password and it says the password is wrong. i am certain it is the correct login info, but the only way for me to get into my account is to reset my password every time. i've had about twenty passwords to the same account over the span of a year. i don't want to have to keep resetting my password every time i want to log in. what should i do about this?

8 Replies

Hi there @songbird5,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • When did this start happening?
  • Does this also happen when trying to log in on a browser, into the webplayer or account page?
  • Does this happen across different networks? If you haven't tested this, please do so.
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is on all my devices. It started when I first created my account in 2022. It also happens both within the mobile app and in the webplayer online on both my mobile and desktop devices, and on the account page. It does indeed happen on different networks.

IMG_4016.png

Hey @songbird5,

Are you using a VPN or any antitracking software that might make your login activity seem fraudulent (logins from different countries and devices)? 

Thanks,

MihailYModerator

nope, no VPNs or anything else.

Hey @songbird5,

Thanks for your reply.

You've mentioned you're accessing the service through the web browser. Are you by any chance using an incognito window each time you log in? 

If yes, try in a regular session and let us know if there's any difference in this behavior.

Cheers, 

MihailYModerator

I don't use an incognito window, VPN, or any other way that would disguise my IP or web address. I use a regular Chromium browser.

Hey @songbird5,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the shared info.

To continue investigating this case, it would be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your devices - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

In case you don't have another account available, you can create a new one with a different email here (just for testing purposes) to see if it makes any difference. If the link is redirecting you to your regular account, we'd recommend logging out, closing the window and trying again.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

girl i am having the same problem and its driving me to insanity. any time i leave microsoft edge i have to change my password and this is very anoying because when they let us listen to music in class i have to change my password and then i get behind in all my assingments its insane i need help and no one is willing to give it to me and being the way i am i want to get of by violence its seriously not healthy 

Suggested posts