Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

payment not going through via credit card

payment not going through via credit card

my payment seems to not be going through and my renewal date was yesterday. the card i use works on every monthly payment. and when i went to try and pay, it told me that theres something wrong like "your card or payment provider seems to be having a bad day" is there some maintenance being done? 

15 Replies

I'm having the same problem and you sure as hell can't get through to an actual cuatomer service rep

im glad im not the only one whos having this issue bc i honeslty thought it was only me

No your not the only one and you can't get an actual customer service rep
it's this B.S

Hey there @jackie19_ and @tayjordjaedre04, welcome to the community!

I'm going to escalate this issue to the team as it still appears to be happening to you guys. In the meantime, contact the payment team through the online contact form and they can work something out. If you receive an automated e-mail directing you back to the community just reply to it and you will be connected with an agent that is more than happy to assist you. If you have already contacted them and haven't received a response within 48 hours, reply with your case number and I'll make sure to get it to the right team.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi there!

It's possible that you might be facing this problem owing to the web browser that you're using. I know that Safari and Chrome tend to encounter these issues more often than IE or Firefox. Could you try switching to either of these browsers and let me know the outcome of your attempt?

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble you're going through.

- Shriya

Hi there!

It is possible that you might be facing this problem owing to the web browser that you're using. I know that Safari and Chrome tend to encounter these issues more often than IE or Firefox. Could you try switching to either of these browsers and let me know the outcome of your attempt?

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble you're going through.

- Shriya

I've tried it all. I've somehow wound up with 2 accounts they are charging
me for the one that I can NOT access I'd like a refund or the payment put
towards the account I can use!
This is craY

@tayjordjaedre04 wrote:
I've tried it all. I've somehow wound up with 2 accounts they are charging
me for the one that I can NOT access I'd like a refund or the payment put
towards the account I can use!
This is craY

@tayjordjaedre04 Do you have a case number with the customer service team? I can escalate it if you haven't receive a response within 48 hours.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Lol I can't even get into customer service to leave them a message about
this B.S do you have any ideas how to get to customer service

@tayjordjaedre04 wrote:
Lol I can't even get into customer service to leave them a message about
this B.S do you have any ideas how to get to customer service

@tayjordjaedre04 You can get in touch with Spotify's customer service team through online contact form or the anonymous online contact form.

did this ever get fixed

No it did NOT

i figured bc i tried reentering my credit card and i still got the error and its been a week 

Yes, the same problem happened to me (as jackie19_ mentioned a link) also and as I told in my own thread about the problem, there seems to be few different cases where the same error has occurred:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Credit-card-not-accepted/td-p/11862...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/payment-not-going-through-via-credi...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Credit-Card-Stopped-Working-Oops-se...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Paying-for-Premium-Oops-seems-your-...

Whats really weird is that, despite all the reporting, it has not been fixed yet for some unknown reason.

Maybe giving Kudos would encourage Spotify to fix this error.

Suggested posts