Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

preium to free to premium

preium to free to premium

my account expired today to free so i decided to upgrade to premium again i was on free for like an hour.

result: i need to sync all my tracks again???

this is the last time i will be using spotify now.

since you guys dont understand that 3G data is precious costly data

how the **bleep** do i need to synch my songs again since im pretty sure they are in the same database as when i was using i did not change anything to my computer. because of spotify i cant lissen to music for 2 weeks cause i only am at home once every 2 weeks

where can i send the bill for syncing the songs from my spotify

to give you an indication 2GB costs 15euro and i have 1052 songs synced for offline. 

since lissening to spotify is costly cause it will ask you to resync your songs once in a while or just claim that you have it installed on more then 3 devices when you do a reinstall of a system resulting to resynch again

and since spotify is putting no efford what so ever to work along mobile carriers to offer FREE DATA FROM SPOTIFY

you guys have left me no option than going to the pirate bay and download the music from there. so i can atleast have it permenatly and dont have any backstabbing stuff like having to resync or like on my moms computer showing advertisement when playing from your local files. whatsup with that?

5 Replies

Spotify do have exclusive deals with mobile operators in some countries which provide Spotify which doesn't count towards data usage (Vodafone UK and Telia spring to mind).

Unfortunately, as soon as your Spotify app detects your device has dropped to free, all offline content will be removed since your account no longer has the required licenses for the content.

You also should not hear any audio advertising when listening to local files in the desktop client as far as I am aware, but the client will always show visual adverts on Spotify Free.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

the carrier im with mobistar in belgium does offer an additional plan for facebook and twitter unlimited data

but not for spotify. i dont know how big a song on spotify is but 2GB is alot.

it;s kinda stupid that they make you redownload everything again

do you understand how frustrating that is when you only lissen to spotify and you only have 3G mobile data at your disposal?

i think the ad's should go for local files completely cause they are taking advertisement on content that should normaly already be payed.

it's in the middle of the screem

this is 2nde time spotify screw me over

I cannot completely change my Password to what I would like?

I now have two ways to sign in after making changes to my password

One with the log in name and password

One with my email address and password

Both passwords are different? and gives me access to my Premium site

I want to be able to log in with my email address which Spotify defaults to

and then I want to use a simple password, not the one I initially created which I am stuck with.  I cannot accomplish this?

Is there a phone number to call Spotify.

@redboykecom - I know it is frustrating at times, especially with limited mobile data. Here in the UK I have 750MB of mobile data per month, which Spotify can easily eat through in no time at all (since a 4 minute song at extreme quality is approx 9MB in size). With Spotify Premium, you can remove those adverts and sync music for offline mode so you don't need to stream it all of the time. 

@BarryBerland - Do they both take you to the same account? Basically you are logging in using different systems. Logging in with your username authenticates via Spotify. Logging in using your email address authenticates using Facebook. If you want to change the password associated with your email login, you need to make that change over on Facebook.com.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thx peter at least you understand how frustrating it is to be on mobile data

i have no idea why i have a database of encrypted songs if spotify does not use them

it is easy from them to check. nodatabase file = first time play

2nd time played play song from database if online  play song

if offline and not premium popup warning and dont play

if offline and premium play song

this way it uses alot less data.

but the resynch thing is just absurd just because i was free for an houre.

Suggested posts