Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

spotify deleted my account and charged me advance annual fee - no reply from customer service

spotify deleted my account and charged me advance annual fee - no reply from customer service

Here's what's happened

I started a trial of your premium service on the 20th of February. I chose to pay monthly after that using paypal
now, after 1 month
1) my account has been deactivated for no reason - it simply doesn't allow me to log in and doesn't recognise my email [I am writing this using a separate account connected to facebook, as there is no other way]
2) if that wasn't enough I have been charged an annual fee which I never authorized!!!!
ok nobody from Spotify is getting back to me
I have sent several emails yesterday and I haven't received any clarification on the above.
I am TRULY shocked about how poor this level of service is. can I hope at least some moderator in this forum will help me?

Fed

as a reference I opened two different cases (as I had to send more than one email)

Spotify Case # 00598916

Spotify Case # 00596461

8 Replies

Hey there!

Make sure the email responses haven't gone to your Spam box 😉

If you login using an email address, then you login using Facebook. You have to use your username to login.

I shall also escalate this for you 🙂

Liam

hi Liam - I did try with my username but doesn't work. then I used to procedure to change my password, just in case, and the system says that email is not connected to any active account.

I checked the Spam box. no reply since yesterday.

also, this account I am using now (to post here) is just a free account I tried for a few days with facebook, but then I opened a separate new one (without Facebook) doing a premium trial, and that's the one I can no longer log in to. it's not connected to any facebook so there is simply no way I can log in to it. it has been deactivated

@pisquano wrote:

hi Liam

I checked the Spam box. no reply since yesterday.

also, this account I am using now (to post here) is just a free account I tried for a few days with facebook, but then I opened a separate new one (without Facebook) doing a premium trial, and that's the one I can no longer log in to. it's not connected to any facebook so there is simply no way I can log in to it. it has been deactivated

What happens when you try to login with the username and password?

Don't use the email address!

Liam

it says "wrong login/password"

if I then try to recover my password it says "this email is not connected to any active account"

can I hope in a reply from a moderator here? 

this is becoming sort of a nightmare really....

up

moderators please respond

The payments team are investigating. They'll get back to you as soon as they're able and explain exactly what's happened here.

Thanks for your patience, we know it's a frustrating situation to be in.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

thanks Richard./

how long is this going to take? I need access to my account and a reimbursement of 11 (!) months of  advance subscription

Suggested posts