Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

6 track skips limitation doesn't work

6 track skips limitation doesn't work

Plan

Free

Country

UAE

Device

(Xiaomi red me note4)

Operating System

Android 7

My Question or Issue

Having installed application, limitation would have been working untill I go for specific artist or song search.

Would I use daily mix or anything from home activity  I am able to skip unlimited times.

If I go for search and try to listen and skip , limitation start works everywhere.

I have tried to delete app and install it again , limitation have had stop working.

My guess is you have implemented event push only in particular activity view , but have to decorate track access , put event inside it and restrict direct skip everywhere.

Next guess is you storing some flag locally , so far this storage have not been initialized, you can't increment counter . And initialization has been implemented in certain activity.

Hi to independent squads.

Sincerely yours mike

Principal Software Engineer.

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Please note that Spotify free is limited to only 6 skips for hour and tied to a shuffle mode. Only some playlists currently allow you to play them on demand.

Also, check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about local files in Spotify.

Hope it helps 🙂

you didnt get my point

i am not trying to solve MY problem, i can reproduce certain behaviour which for my opinion do not follow business rules in app.

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app. 

• Limits doesnt work in home activity if i do not listen/skip track from search
  • Would i try to search and listen/skip - limit could start work in home activity as well
  • to remove limits - reinstall app and do not search/listen/skip for track, just use daily mix and skip 12k per hour like Piter

Please note that Spotify free is limited to only 6 skips for hour and tied to a shuffle mode. Only some playlists currently allow you to play them on demand.

Suggested posts