Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

List of Performers / Favourite Performers problem

Hi I've had issue with my Performers List. Some of them work fine - when clicked shows Performer site with Most Popular, Album List and other.But.Some of them (please see atachement) show only a few albums /songs which is very annoying. So, in many c...

• Visitor
  • Hi   I've had issue with my Performers List. Some of them work fine - when clicked shows Performer site with Most Popular, Album List and other. But. Some of them (please see atachement) sho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to use Spotfy and Hulu app on my old android phone

I have an old android phone and trying to use Hulu and Spotify app on my android phone, I spoke with Hulu Customer Service they said need to upgrade android, I am looking for a solution from Spotify Customer Service Team, Will you help me? Plan Premi...

• I have an old android phone and trying to use Hulu and Spotify app on my android phone, I spoke with Hulu Customer Service they said need to upgrade android, I am looking for a solution from Spotify ...
  • Donreff
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Search User Playlists in Spotify Mobile

Hello,I'm wondering why there is no way to search for user playlists on the mobile app. If there is, please tell me how to get there. I downloaded the spotify mobile app to be able to listen to other user's playlists easily. If I can't, I won't be pu...

• Hello, I'm wondering why there is no way to search for user playlists on the mobile app. If there is, please tell me how to get there. I downloaded the spotify mobile app to be able to listen to oth...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops automatically on Galaxy S9

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSpotify stops automatically when streaming to Bluetooth speaker / headphones. App is prevented from sleep and I've disabled notifications yet (what is ad...

•   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Spotify stops automatically when streaming to Bluetooth speaker / hea...
  • SilviuCristian
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bluetooth
    playing
    stops
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Google assistant won't play songs on Spotify

Google assistant won't play songs on spotify, it just says "playing on spotify", then it opens spotify and nothing happens. Telling google to play an album or artist works instantly.Edit: Samsung galaxy A5 2017, android 7.0, Spotify 8.4.37.587 armV7

• Google assistant won't play songs on spotify, it just says "playing on spotify", then it opens spotify and nothing happens. Telling google to play an album or artist works instantly. Edit: Samsung g...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 47 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Android
    assistant
    google
    Google Now
    NOW
    ok google
  • 47 replies
  • 17 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify auto-opens on Samsung S8 (not playing music)

Weird stuff. When I unlock my phone, Spotify opens up automatically. Not playing music, just opens the app. This has also happened when I have answered the phone and also at random when the phone is inactive on my desk. I never listen to Spotify on d...

• Casual Listener
  • Weird stuff. When I unlock my phone, Spotify opens up automatically. Not playing music, just opens the app. This has also happened when I have answered the phone and also at random when the phone is ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Connect not working

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid version 9 My Question or IssueLately I find that my devices won't simultaneously connect to Spotify.I'm using my S9 and a pc with Windows 10 installed.It use to work fine, but sin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android version 9   My Question or Issue Lately I find that my devices won't simultaneously connect to Spotify. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Want to delete Heavy Rotation

PlanPremiumCountry Device Operating System My Question or IssueI want to remove Heavy Rotation list on Spotify Home. Let me know any solutions.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country   Device   Operating System     My Question or Issue I want to remove Heavy Rotation list on Spotify Home. Let me know any solutions.  
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was released 2 weeks ago. All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app - but no luck!Can it be that Spotify only releases it into the US samsung Galaxy apps store? I live in Eu...

• Regular
  • The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was released 2 weeks ago. All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app - but no luck! Can it be that Spotify only releases i...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 219 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 219 replies
  • 7 likes

Is there a way to more precisely adjust volume on JBL boombox using android device?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen streaming music with Samsung S10+ connected to a JBL Boombox, when increasing volume on ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue When st...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android volume
    JBL
    JBL Boom Box
    Volume Control
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Having to download songs over and over

My Question or IssueSince the last upgrade to Spotify I keep having to download my library after each time I go off libe. Does anyone know how to stop this?

• Visitor
  •     My Question or Issue Since the last upgrade to Spotify I keep having to download my library after each time I go off libe. Does anyone know how to stop this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't play Playlists from Home Screen

PlanPremiumCountryDEDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemLineageOS 14.1 (no Google apps)My Question or IssueI can't seem to play those squares on the home page with a Spotify symbol in the upper left corner. I assume these are playlists created by ...

spot.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country DE Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System LineageOS 14.1 (no Google apps) My Question or Issue I can't seem to play those squares on the home page with a Spotify symb...
  • vic424242
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Skipping some songs 3-10 secs after playing

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceLGV40 ThinQOperating System(Android Pie) My Question or IssueI was using the Spotify App for my other deviceAnd not experienced this way. Was using the same Android Pie version with my Xiaomi Pocophone F1However thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device LGV40 ThinQ Operating System (Android Pie)   My Question or Issue I was using the Spotify App for my other device And not experienced this way....
  • martin1_navarro
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Waze Notification still persists for me

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOnePlus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHello,I still have the unclearable Waze notification issue on my OnePlus 7 Pro. I do not have Waze installed, also I turned everything related to car mode/Waze of...

• Gig Goer
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device OnePlus 7 Pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hello, I still have the unclearable Waze notification issue on my OnePlus 7 P...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No more radios?

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Droid Moto Z2Operating System(Android Oreo) My Question or IssueI can't play actual radios anymore. All I get now are fixed playlists instead of listening to new music that's similar to what I like. I can't find the option f...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (Droid Moto Z2 Operating System (Android Oreo)   My Question or Issue I can't play actual radios anymore. All I get now are fixed playlists inst...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution 2019 update - how to change it

Hi all,I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I've had this update for nearly a month now and I still hate it. For some reason I am unable to listen to music offline, I can't listen to artists entire discographies anymore (only their...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I've had this update for nearly a month now and I still hate it. For some reason I am unable to listen to music offline, I can't liste...
  • tashatambur77
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 16 likes

Forum timestamps are toxic

My QuestionWhy are there no timestamps attached to forum posts? It's super important to know when topics were posted and when replies were posted, especially when it comes to bugs and solutions. Solutions 4 years ago might not be applicable for simil...

• Gig Goer
  • My Question Why are there no timestamps attached to forum posts? It's super important to know when topics were posted and when replies were posted, especially when it comes to bugs and solutions. So...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Since they made the androidapp unusable

and since they never care to listen to their customers, is there any way to copy spotify playlists/artists into another client, like amazon music for instance?

• Casual Listener
  • and since they never care to listen to their customers, is there any way to copy spotify playlists/artists into another client, like amazon music for instance? 
  • hoodeddefender
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Download Music in Spotify Lite

PlanPremiumCountryPeruDeviceMotorola Moto G4 PlusOperating SystemAndroid Pie Is there a way to download my music in the lite version of Spotify? In the settings there's an option to delete my downloaded music but I can't find a way to even download i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Peru Device Motorola Moto G4 Plus Operating System Android Pie   Is there a way to download my music in the lite version of Spotify? In the settings there's an opti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Lite

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevice(Redmi Note 6 Pro)Operating System (Android Pie.) My Question or IssueFor those who use Spotify Lite: After acquiring the premium the Daily Mix of yours have stopped updating too? I've been in contact with Spotify severa...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device (Redmi Note 6 Pro) Operating System   (Android Pie.)   My Question or Issue For those who use Spotify Lite: After acquiring the premium the Dai...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes