Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

6 track skips limitation doesn't work

6 track skips limitation doesn't work

Plan

Free

Country

UAE

Device

(Xiaomi red me note4)

Operating System

Android 7

My Question or Issue

Having installed application, limitation would have been working untill I go for specific artist or song search.

Would I use daily mix or anything from home activity  I am able to skip unlimited times.

If I go for search and try to listen and skip , limitation start works everywhere.

I have tried to delete app and install it again , limitation have had stop working.

My guess is you have implemented event push only in particular activity view , but have to decorate track access , put event inside it and restrict direct skip everywhere.

Next guess is you storing some flag locally , so far this storage have not been initialized, you can't increment counter . And initialization has been implemented in certain activity.

Hi to independent squads.

Sincerely yours mike

Principal Software Engineer.

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Please note that Spotify free is limited to only 6 skips for hour and tied to a shuffle mode. Only some playlists currently allow you to play them on demand.

Also, check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about local files in Spotify.

Hope it helps 🙂

you didnt get my point

i am not trying to solve MY problem, i can reproduce certain behaviour which for my opinion do not follow business rules in app.

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app. 

• Limits doesnt work in home activity if i do not listen/skip track from search
  • Would i try to search and listen/skip - limit could start work in home activity as well
  • to remove limits - reinstall app and do not search/listen/skip for track, just use daily mix and skip 12k per hour like Piter

Please note that Spotify free is limited to only 6 skips for hour and tied to a shuffle mode. Only some playlists currently allow you to play them on demand.

Suggested posts