Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A problem with the app I can't describe

A problem with the app I can't describe

I'm on the Google Pixel running Android P Beta and an LG G3 running Android 4

I don't know how to describe my issue in words so I'll link this video I recorded instead https://youtu.be/28pJmobZDG0

7 Replies

Hey @shaneylianto - welcome to the community!

Sorry for any frustration. I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next! Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The clean uninstall doesn't work, I've factory reset my Google Pixel once and it was still there and not just on the Pixel but on my LG G3 as well I have the same problem

I'm running the last Android P Beta on my Google Pixel and my version of Spotify is 8.4.64.555 armV7

@shaneylianto -

Thanks for trying those for me. 

I would also suggest asking a friend to log in as well onto your device, and see if the issue persists. 

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a different account that I used, I logged in with that and the issue still persist

Hey @shaneylianto, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Since it's a Beta version, it could be unstable on a certain level. My best suggestion for you would be to install a stable version of the app.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

The app is not the Beta, the OS is, now I've updated to the official Android P, the problem is still there. I am still unable to use the app

The app is not the Beta, the OS is, now I've updated to the official Android P, the problem is still there. I am still unable to use the app

Suggested posts