Add more songs button playlist missing

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I want to create a new playlist or add more songs to an existing playlist, I can only see my most recent liked songs. The '+' symbol is gone, to see more of my liked songs to add to the playlist, so I have to manually add every song that's not one of my recently liked songs. Is there a way to resolve this issue, because it makes creating playlists very tedious.

3 Replies

Hey there @LVDV

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If you don't see the Add Songs button under the playlist title once you've entered it you might need to get your Spotify app updated to the most recent version. The best way to do this is by running a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app since this way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

In case the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick for you, would you mind sending us a screenshot showing how the playlist looks on your end? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.  

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hi,

Reinstalling didn't work, I can still only add a certain amount of my most recently liked songs to playlists. As you can see it the attached screenshot, I can't load more songs.

Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20200624-152044_Spotify.jpg

Hey there @LVDV

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

At the bottom of the screenshot you can see four dots. Have you tried swiping the list of your recently liked songs to see the other lists appearing?

This feature allows you to choose songs to add to your playlist from different categories like Recently played, Songs you liked, Suggested or lists by genre you listen a lot to. You should be able to add tracks from these lists by simply swiping right or left to the desired list. Alternatively, you can click in the field saying Zoeken and look for a specific song you'd like to add. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts