Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone [Android] crashes while loggin into Spotify app

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLG Thinq7Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI realized I was logged out of the app on my smartphone. I tried to log in again, and my phone just crashed and restarted. I tried again...same outcome. I deleted...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device LG Thinq7 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I realized I was logged out of the app on my smartphone. I tried to log in again, and ...
  • MaiaNashira
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Blocked Artist Still Playable

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.Device(Samsung Galaxy Tab A)Operating System(Android version 5.1.1) My Question or IssueI blocked an artist that I can't stand, but he showed up on my "Daily Drive" playlist, anyway.

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device (Samsung Galaxy Tab A) Operating System (Android version 5.1.1)   My Question or Issue I blocked an artist that I can't stand, but he showed up on my "...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ridiculous
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! One Specific song stops playing at 00:46

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceXiaomi Redmi 7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThe song Monarchy of Roses by RHCP is the only song in my library that stops playing at 00:46 always, for a while now (more than a month). I tried cleaning the ca...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Xiaomi Redmi 7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue The song Monarchy of Roses by RHCP is the only song in my library that stops playing a...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back find in playlist / Sort menu through pull down.

Since an update a while ago, it's not possible anymore to pull down in any playlist and sort it by... Or find songs on it. Now the only way is to go through the menu, scroll down and find it between other menu points. This is a huge downgrade as it s...

• Since an update a while ago, it's not possible anymore to pull down in any playlist and sort it by... Or find songs on it. Now the only way is to go through the menu, scroll down and find it between ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Art not shoeing on car multimedia for Android

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceSamsung Galaxy s10Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueHi,I use Spotify on Samsung Galaxy S10, connected to on my car's (Kia Sportage) multimedia via bluetooth.I cannot see album cover of the song that I'm liste...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device Samsung Galaxy s10 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Hi, I use Spotify on Samsung Galaxy S10, connected to on my car's (Kia Sportage...
  • ShaySalomon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android suggested song issue

PlanFreeCountryU.S.A.DeviceLG Rebel 4 Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueOn my liked songs playlist, despite having suggested songs off, random somgs keep playing. The only way that this dosent haopen is when i add a new song, amd then o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country U.S.A. Device LG Rebel 4  Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue On my liked songs playlist, despite having suggested songs off, random somgs keep pla...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue when Huawei P20 Pro skips track from notification panel disconnects from chromecast audio

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceHuawei P20 Pro, chromecast audio Operating System My Question or IssueWhen I cast Spotify from my phone to my chromecast audio the connection drops if I skip tracks from the pull down notification panel, it says something al...

• Plan Premium Country Uk Device Huawei P20 Pro, chromecast audio  Operating System     My Question or Issue When I cast Spotify from my phone to my chromecast audio the connec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

KASMA PROBLEMİ

Huawei p30lite model telefonumda girinçe aşırı derece gecikme yapıyor lütfen yardım edin.

• Visitor
  • Huawei p30lite model telefonumda girinçe aşırı derece gecikme yapıyor lütfen yardım edin.   
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there a way to shuffle across all downloaded playlists while on Android Auto?

I'm testing out a Spotify family plan and I'm finding its features rather lackluster for my use case. I want to pick a bunch of artists I like, download all the songs to my phone, and then when using Android Auto shuffle across all that local music. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm testing out a Spotify family plan and I'm finding its features rather lackluster for my use case. I want to pick a bunch of artists I like, download all the songs to my phone, and then when using...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Going offline prevents login

Operating System Android:1- Activate offline mode2- Use the storage management to move data from internal-memory to sd-card3- Wait till the transfer is finished and spotify restartsBUG: Sometimes spotify will ask you to login again into the account, ...

• Visitor
  • Operating System Android: 1- Activate offline mode 2- Use the storage management to move data from internal-memory to sd-card 3- Wait till the transfer is finished and spotify restarts BUG: Somet...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No dislike button?

How come there is no option to dislike songs anymore? How do you suppose your AI to become smarter unless you have human input? Give us back the option to dislike songs!

• Casual Listener
  •   How come there is no option to dislike songs anymore? How do you suppose your AI to become smarter unless you have human input? Give us back the option to dislike songs! 
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Language

PlanFreeCountry DeviceSamsung s8Operating System My Question or IssueI transferred my data from my old s8 to a new one, it went good but the language changed. I checked my language settings and it was still in English.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country   Device Samsung s8 Operating System   My Question or Issue I transferred my data from my old s8 to a new one, it went good but the language changed.&nbsp...
  • lubos
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Issue: Only plays a song for a few seconds

PlanPremiumUSACountry DeviceMotorola Moto Z3Operating SystemAndroid 9 PDXS29.84-42-3 My Question or IssueI think a new version of Spotify was rolled out. The car view is new to me. Now a song will only play in my 2015 Ram 1500 pickup for a few second...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium USACountry   Device Motorola Moto Z3 Operating System Android 9 PDXS29.84-42-3   My Question or Issue I think a new version of Spotify was rolled out. The car view is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Car
    Ram
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify offline till network change

PlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand DeviceGalaxy Note 9 Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueAs of recently Spotify is offline till a network change. Happens on my phone and my wife's phone (Galaxy s8) We stream Spotify in the car, sometimes it st...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country New Zealand    Device Galaxy Note 9   Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue As of recently Spotify is offline till a network c...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution NEw on Premium Family - "Premium Feature found" - can't listen to audiobook

PlanPremium Family (currently free)DeviceSamsung A5, Samsung A8 (2018), Windows 10 with Chrome and Web Player.Operating SystemAndroid 9, Windows 10App VersionAndroid 8.5.36.747My Question or IssueHi,we are new to Premium Family (currently in the free...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family (currently free) Device Samsung A5, Samsung A8 (2018), Windows 10 with Chrome and Web Player. Operating System Android 9, Windows 10 App Version Android 8.5.36.747 My Ques...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play Artist Radio

Sorry for the cross post as I'm having problems on the desktop and android version: I'm unable to play Artist Radio for Keith Jarrett - web player says 'Error Could not load this playlist' and android player says 'Missing Playlist This playlist is no...

• Music Fan
  • Sorry for the cross post as I'm having problems on the desktop and android version:   I'm unable to play Artist Radio for Keith Jarrett - web player says 'Error Could not load this playlist' a...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Xiaomi, android one

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDeviceXiaomi Mi A3 LTEOperating SystemAndroid One My Question or IssueHi, I have bought myself a new phone (I used to have an also Xiaomi but it was Xiaomi Mi Max and different OS) and when I installed Spotify suddenly...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device Xiaomi Mi A3 LTE Operating System Android One   My Question or Issue Hi, I have bought myself a new phone (I used to have an also Xia...
  • vans-ire
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download bug
    Download error
    Download mode doesn't work
    Download Playlists
    Xiaomi
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Tracks in Online Mode

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei Mate 20 ProOperating SystemAndroid 9.0My Question or IssueHi everybody, i would like to now how Spotify handles my downloaded Songs. Does Spotify plays my downloaded Songs even if I am Online? Or will the Downloa...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei Mate 20 Pro Operating System Android 9.0 My Question or Issue Hi everybody, i would like to now how Spotify handles my downloaded Songs. Does Spoti...
  • psoundar
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast play order

Is there a way to play podcasts in chronological order without sorting by date? I'm listening to a podcast that has been going since 2012. Scrolling past the eight years to listen to the last five episodes or so in correct order is tiresome. Device: ...

• Is there a way to play podcasts in chronological order without sorting by date? I'm listening to a podcast that has been going since 2012. Scrolling past the eight years to listen to the last five ep...
  • Skellingtor97
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Huawei P20 kein Equalizer in der App

Finde den Equalizer Button in der App nicht bei meinem P20.Android Version 9

• Visitor
  • Finde den Equalizer Button in der App nicht bei meinem P20. Android Version 9  
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes