Free

Country

France

Device

Oneplus 8T

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have been looking around the internet to see if this issue has been seen somewhere but I did not manage to find anything. If it has already been reported and the dev team is currently working on a fix let me know.

So the issue is pretty simple. As soon as I quit spotify (kill the app with the recent apps tab) the player notification keeps to be here when it should not. Moreover it is totally broken, I can not close it and when I tap it, it opens spotify again and that is not the goal.

The only thing to do is to shut down the app, in the device app settings, which is annoying.

Here is a screenshot of the issue.

I hope you have a fix to that !

Thanks

Screenshot_20210307-111020.jpg
28 Replies

Ivan
Spotify Legend

Hey @3hpmars

Help’s here!

Could you confirm if you still observe this after running a clean reinstall of Spotify on your mobile device? This will get you the latest app version and clean up corrupted data that could be causing the issue.

In case this persists after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

housebecky
Casual Listener

I have the same issue. It is annoying. I shouldn't have to force close the app. I have a new galaxy a32.

housebecky
Casual Listener

I have also turned off my phone & reinstalled the app & it keeps happening 

Jeremy

Hi there @housebecky,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm that you followed the no old cache files causing this. steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick and you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Keep us posted.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

maxtaube
Casual Listener

Hi, I also have the same issue regarding the "zombie" notification and tried uninstalling, deleting cache etc. with no sucess.
Phone: OnePlus 6
Android 11
Plan: Paid

maxtaube
Casual Listener

Hi, I also have the same issue regarding the "zombie" notification and tried uninstalling, deleting cache etc. with no sucess.
Phone: OnePlus 6
Android 11
Plan: Paid

MafeG

Hi @maxtaube,

Thank you for sharing your post on this thread.

To start, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Also, try holding down the Spotify notification for a couple of seconds and see if you have an option that says "Dismiss".

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

SkyVan1eM

I found fix, just long press on notification, then tap the Settings button and turn off Media player in Quick Settings.

Screenshot_20211208-002541_Settings.png

Mario

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Community!

Awesome work @SkyVan1eM for that fix! We just wanted to add that on some phones, you have to swipe either left or right (instead of long pressing) for the Settings icon to appear, so feel free to try it.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
SUGGESTED POSTS