Free

Country

France

Device

Oneplus 8T

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have been looking around the internet to see if this issue has been seen somewhere but I did not manage to find anything. If it has already been reported and the dev team is currently working on a fix let me know.

So the issue is pretty simple. As soon as I quit spotify (kill the app with the recent apps tab) the player notification keeps to be here when it should not. Moreover it is totally broken, I can not close it and when I tap it, it opens spotify again and that is not the goal.

The only thing to do is to shut down the app, in the device app settings, which is annoying.

Here is a screenshot of the issue.

I hope you have a fix to that !

Thanks

Screenshot_20210307-111020.jpg
40 Replies

bumping 

Hey @VHSplayer,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues.

In case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, we'd suggest you deactivate them for Spotify.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

First of all thank you for your answer !

I tried following the steps you provided me with. I deleted the app data, deleted everything that was asked to be deleted, uninstalled the app and turned off my phone.

I installed the app again after the reboot and changed the battery optimization options to "none".

Sadly it did not work.

Screenshot_20210309-101343.jpg

Hey @VHSplayer,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

We'd suggest you also try with another account to check if anything changes.

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD card. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

If the issue persists, could you share with the exact Spotify version that is running on the phone? We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi again,

I tried to clear the caches (basically following again the steps you provided me with before), installing the app again and logging in with another account and the issue persists.

My spotify version is 8.6.4.971.
Thanks 🙂

Hi @VHSplayer,

Thanks for this info. 

Would you mind letting us know if you notice anything new when you log into your account using a different device? 

If possible, could you try with a different internet connection? 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello,

I already tried using a different wifi connexion because I use another wifi at work and it does not seem to fix the issue.

Moreover I use a Pixel 4a for work woth the same spotify account. I tried logging out and in. The issue does not seem to appear.

It might be a compatibility issue ? I am not qui sure though.

Hi again @VHSplayer

Thanks for getting back to us!

In this case, we'd suggest making sure that your device has enough storage space available. For optimum performance, we recommend having at least 1GB free.

Also, could you let us know the OS version and Spotify version on the Pixel 4a?

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator

Hi again,

Pixel 4A has the same version of Spotify (8.6.4.971) and Android 11.

Storage should not be an issue considering how much storage left I have.

Thanks for your help

Screenshot_20210309-210158.jpg

Hey @VHSplayer

Thanks for this info. 

We know you've already tried with a different WiFi connection, but we'd like to see if you can replicate this behavior using mobile data. 

Let us know how it goes so we can continue investigating this. 

NovyModerator

Hey again,

The issue is the same with mobile data sadly.

Thanks again

Hi @VHSplayer

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Would you mind sending over a screenshot where we can see the notification settings for Spotify on your phone?

We'd recommend making sure that the app has all permissions on your phone as well.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

Hello,

Here you go,

Thanks

Screenshot_20210310-005421.jpg

Hey @VHSplayer,

Thanks for the info.

Can you try going in you phone's notification Settings, and disabling everything for Spotify?

Keep us posted on how that goes.

AlexModerator

Hello @Alex,

Look at this video, the notification seems totally broken at this point. I had to compress the video I hope you can still see what is going on.

Thanks

Hi there @VHSplayer,

Thanks for the video.

As the app works as expected on a different phone, it might have something to do with the current configuration on your particular device.

We've searched our records, but we can't find any other reports and no other threads about this for now.

We'll monitor this thread in case we receive other reports, but as it stands the only other recommendation we can think of is to see if it's possible to roll-back to an earlier OS version or see if hardware resetting the phone does the trick, but we understand that these are options you might not want to chase.

An alternative could also be installing Spotify Lite from the Google Play store.

You should also enable Automatic updates in case one of the next releases fixes this issue on your particular phone.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator

I am having this exact issue, across two phones. Tried the already listed "fixes" - none of them resolve the issue.

One is a Samsung S10, other is a Moto g6. One has SD card, other doesn't. Both on different network providers. Both with more than enough storage space. Neither of them having any other issues with notifications (or anything else really).

TLDR - You now have multiple reports of the same issue, across different devices.

Hi there @Dienacarfire

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? If the ones which are in this thread or other ones you saw in somewhere else?

Additionally, would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue so we can take a closer look?

Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Also having this issue. Spotify still says it's playing when I close the app. I want to manage spotify/the song that's playing from the drop down bar as it does, however when I close the app it shouldn't be getting stuck like this. It never happened until recently for me. I have to go into the app settings and force stop it every time. I tried disabling the notifications which works, but it wont let me manage from the drop down menu which is what i really want here. Please help. 

Screenshot_20210525-081751_One UI Home.jpg

Suggested posts