Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

After last update, can't add songs to playlists

Solved!

After last update, can't add songs to playlists

When i click on "add to another playlist," or"remove from this playlist" nothing happens at all. the only thing that happens is the little pop-up choices that include "remove from this playlist", etc, goes away.

This only started happening right after the last Spotify update about a few days ago.

I tried to fix it by doing the reinstall and rebooted too. Installed the latest version that spotify's link they provided sent me to. I'm on an lg g5. Problem is happening over all wifi platforms.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Do you have any applications set to dim your screen or apply a blue filter such as lux or twilight? These can interfere with this popup making the expected behaviour not work.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This did solve it. Thank you very much. 😁. The version before worked with the screen dimmer, and i really like my screen dimmer app, so it kind of sucks it doesn't work anyway. (I don't know if the comment in red about searching the forums is an automatic signature, but i searched for the answer multiple ways.)

Marked as solution

I had the same problem. Uninstalling Twilight fixed the issue.  I can now use "go to artist" and the other pop up menu items.  You can also change Twilight's settings to pause while Spotify is opened and this will also fix the issue.

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Do you have any applications set to dim your screen or apply a blue filter such as lux or twilight? These can interfere with this popup making the expected behaviour not work.

Android Troubleshooting:

Same thing is happening to me. I'm a paying member for a while now and I use this app everyday and I love it, but the latest update is awful. It doesn't let me add any song to any playlist. When I select "add to playlist" nothing happens. Actually, none of the options for a song work, like "go to artist" "go to album" or even "save". So so bad.

@Soledad24 wrote:
Same thing is happening to me. I'm a paying member for a while now and I use this app everyday and I love it, but the latest update is awful. It doesn't let me add any song to any playlist. When I select "add to playlist" nothing happens. Actually, none of the options for a song work, like "go to artist" "go to album" or even "save". So so bad.

Can you confirm you have no screen filter applications installed as requested in my post above yours?

Android Troubleshooting:

Yes, no screen filter apps.

Same thing happens to me with me using a screen filter app, when I turned it off, hide, save is functioning, please sort this out, the previous versions are working normal with screen filter

I'm not running any screen overlays, at least not that I'm aware of. I'm using Axon 7 with google launcher and minimal number of additional apps installed (just utilities like banking app etc). All the options in the 3dots menu are not working. While you can save or go to the album/artist in some other way there is no way to add the song to a playlist which is one of the fundamental features of any music players...

Same thing here, it used to work with Screen Filter apps on before now you need to turn off the screen filter for it to work and it's too cumbersome

I'm not running any filter apps, that I'm aware of. I'm on Zenfone 2, android 5.0. Tried other options, nothing helps.

Turning off Lux allows me to use that new overlay prompt. 

same here. cant add to playlist or anything.

no lux or any app that dims the display etc.

I was having the same issue - turned off Lux and it started working. Can an update please fix this? I love Lux / screen light filters.

I have got the same problem now - can't add songs to playlists. I'm running Spotify on a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android Marshmallow (6.0). I found out that I had to go deep into settings and find the list for "Draw over other apps", and disable all apps in that list. THEN I could add songs to playslists. But since disabling apps to work over other apps makes screen filter apps, Facebook Messenger app, and many other apps not to work properly anymore, I have to go back to the "Draw over other apps"-list and enable them again after adding songs to my Spotify list. This is way to complicated to do each time I want to add a song to the list!!! I searched for the possibility to enable Spotify to "Draw over other apps", but Spotify wasn't even in the list. This must be fixed, otherwise Spotify is rather useless on my mobile device.... 😞

Diasabling my bluelight filter fixed the issue, but just started in the last day. Was able to use playlists with filter enabled prior to that.

I looks like they've gone back to the old context menu so it may be alright now.

Marked as solution

This did solve it. Thank you very much. 😁. The version before worked with the screen dimmer, and i really like my screen dimmer app, so it kind of sucks it doesn't work anyway. (I don't know if the comment in red about searching the forums is an automatic signature, but i searched for the answer multiple ways.)
Marked as solution

I had the same problem. Uninstalling Twilight fixed the issue.  I can now use "go to artist" and the other pop up menu items.  You can also change Twilight's settings to pause while Spotify is opened and this will also fix the issue.

I used Lux and I could only use the pop over menu when it was in Standby mode.

I'm pleased to report this is no longer the case and the fly in menu works even with Lux fully enabled.

Thanks @spotify for fixing this 🙂

Using the desktop app without any screen dimming apps and it's still not working. Tried uninstalling and downloading the app again in case it didn't catch an update and it's still not working. 

I have an iPhone 7 and I believe In September I could no longer add songs to my friends playlist, after some update, the limit hasent been reached either. Please fix this I’m a paying member and I want to keep adding songs to my friends and I’s Playlist that has so many songs on there, PLEASE FIX!!!!!

Suggested posts