Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How Can I Get a Time Capsule Playlist?

Now that I have my Daily Mixes, the only thing missing that I had on my old account is the Time Capsule playlist. Checking timecapsule.spotify.com it always says "Better Luck Next Time" which means Spotify doesn't have enough listening data for this ...

• Roadie
  • Now that I have my Daily Mixes, the only thing missing that I had on my old account is the Time Capsule playlist.   Checking timecapsule.spotify.com it always says "Better Luck Next Time" whic...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Time Capsule
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Galaxy S7 Edge - Android 7.0 Nougat - Spotify randomly pauses music

Hi everyone, My spotify app is randomly pausing music without touch it. I set the application in a "out of battery control" mode and I don't use the energy saver mode. Someone is facing the issue ? How can I solve it? Thanks for your help,Regards

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   My spotify app is randomly pausing music without touch it.   I set the application in a "out of battery control" mode and I don't use the energy saver mode.   Some...
  • toniino38
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on android with no pc

I really want to listen to local songs that I have downloaded on my android but due to my lack of a pc I cannot listen to them or import them or change the setting in the menu. I have tried to Search for a solution but I got nothing Is their anything...

• I really want to listen to local songs that I have downloaded on my android but due to my lack of a pc I cannot listen to them or import them or change the setting in the menu. I have tried to Search...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Motorola Moto 5, extreme quality music (streaming)

Hi, I have recently bought a Motorola Moto G5. I experience a problem because when i stream my music in Extreme quality, it seems worse than when streamed on normal quality. I listen through the same headphones with both (V-moda M100) and it is bad q...

• Hi, I have recently bought a Motorola Moto G5. I experience a problem because when i stream my music in Extreme quality, it seems worse than when streamed on normal quality. I listen through the same...
  • YosHinch
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Voice Search - Pixel

Why does my wife's Pixel have a 'microphone' icon allowing her to voice search and my same phone running the same update of Spotify does not? Anyone know how I can add this? -Thanks

• Why does my wife's Pixel have a 'microphone' icon allowing her to voice search and my same phone running the same update of Spotify does not?   Anyone know how I can add this?   &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con sincronizar Archivos Locales con Android

Hola a todos. Veran, hace al rededor de un año que tengo cuenta Premium y he podido armar grandes Playlist las cuales me gusta tener disponibles sin conexion. Dos de esas Playlist contienen canciones que habia añadido a traves de la opcion de "Archiv...

• Hola a todos. Veran, hace al rededor de un año que tengo cuenta Premium y he podido armar grandes Playlist las cuales me gusta tener disponibles sin conexion. Dos de esas Playlist contienen...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Connect is not working

Hello, I'm using Spotify Connect with a Denon X4100W AV-Receiver and in another room with Google Chromecast and with a Yamaha WX-030WH (a network speaker) in the kitchen. When I select one of those devices via smartphone or the Windows appliaction, i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,     I'm using Spotify Connect with a Denon X4100W AV-Receiver and in another room with Google Chromecast and with a Yamaha WX-030WH (a network speaker) in the kitchen. &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! recently added items view?

hi. is it possible to set filter too show recently added albums and playlists? thanks

• Visitor
  • hi. is it possible to set filter too show recently added albums and playlists? thanks
  • Geshman
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify premium chromecast audio quality question.

I am a premium member and my audio setup is as follows. I have chromecast audio with the latest firmware upgrade, connected to a cambridge audio DAC 100 over mini TOSlink cable. The DAC is connected to NAD C 375BEE AMP that drives PSB speaks and Mart...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium member and my audio setup is as follows. I have chromecast audio with the latest firmware upgrade, connected to a cambridge audio DAC 100 over mini TOSlink cable. The DAC is connected ...
  • outdoordawg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Family account not recognized as Premium in Android app

Hi, My account (peter.wall) was upgraded from a Free to a Premium through being made part of a family account. It is not the admin account. This works well on my PC with all the added features of Premium showing OK. On my android phone (OneplusOne an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My account (peter.wall) was upgraded from a Free to a Premium through being made part of a family account. It is not the admin account. This works well on my PC with all the added featur...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to save playlists on SD card

Hey there, I am unable to choose SD card as storage for my playlists. Under settings storage is not listed. Is there any recommendation of how setting up SD card as primary storage location? Thanks in advance

• Hey there,  I am unable to choose SD card as storage for my playlists. Under settings storage is not listed.  Is there any recommendation of how setting up SD card as primary storage loca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

DE PREMIUM A GRATUITO

Resulta que el dia de hoy mi cuenta de Premium se transformo a gratuita, mi pago se realizo ayer, mi metodo de pago es por mi linea telefonica la cual confirmo que dicho pago se realizo.

• Resulta que el dia de hoy mi cuenta de Premium se transformo a gratuita, mi pago se realizo ayer, mi metodo de pago es por mi linea telefonica la cual confirmo que dicho pago se realizo. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does the Heart on Daily Mix improves the Future Mixes?

Hi everyone, I just want to ask if the heart button on Daily Mixes improves the updates of future mixes or the only thing it does is adds the songs to library? Which is not a nice thing at all btw because I think many users don't want saved albums wi...

• Roadie
  • Hi everyone, I just want to ask if the heart button on Daily Mixes improves the updates of future mixes or the only thing it does is adds the songs to library?   Which is not a nice thing at a...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums and Songs in Search Bar

Hi, I've got a problem on my android. I try to search for albums or songs in the search bar and a "sorry, something went wrong" image appears. someone pls help me. (P.S.: Playlists and Artists work)

• Hi, I've got a problem on my android. I try to search for albums or songs in the search bar and a "sorry, something went wrong" image appears. someone pls help me. (P.S.: Playlists and Artists work)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

last.fm setting wont stay off

Ive run into a really annoying bug. when i turn the last.fm scrobbling setting off, it turns itself back on & a notification of a wrong username & password shows up everytime i start Spotify (or unpause after a lengthy period) Does anyone know how to...

• Music Fan
  • Ive run into a really annoying bug.   when i turn the last.fm scrobbling setting off, it turns itself back on & a notification of a wrong username & password shows up everytime i ...
  • udance4ever
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how to make Music stop at curtain time

When I go to sleep while the music is playing it doesn't stop at curtain time it keeps playing how can u make it stop at curtain time

• When I go to sleep while the music is playing it doesn't stop at curtain time it keeps playing how can u make it stop at curtain time
  • Art_Doyle
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Offline on "Format as Internal" SD card

Hello everyone, I know, there were many of such topics already, but I could not find a decent solution.I have Xiaomi Redmi 3s with 8.1.0 android version. I activated "Developer Options" and set "Force allow apps on external".I formatted SD card as In...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   I know, there were many of such topics already, but I could not find a decent solution. I have Xiaomi Redmi 3s with 8.1.0 android version.   I activated "Developer Op...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant get rid of songs

These songs are local songs i use to have but no longer need them. They dont appear on my laptop but do appear on my phone and i cant get rid of them at all. What should i do??

• Casual Listener
  • These songs are local songs i use to have but no longer need them. They dont appear on my laptop but do appear on my phone and i cant get rid of them at all. What should i do?? 
  • Bovril5969
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford SYNC 2 Track information

Hi, Considering getting a Ford that has SYNC 2 and been informed Spotify only works via Bluetooth. Does this display track information? Thanks, Darren.

• Hi,   Considering getting a Ford that has SYNC 2 and been informed Spotify only works via Bluetooth. Does this display track information?   Thanks, Darren.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes